Health Club - Friday 22nd November 2002

1 to 20 of 204 messages
22/11/2002 at 01:06
Couldn't sleep. Not feeling great - back/hip pain for which I'm not even allowed to take paracetamol and feel sickly and dizzy when I get up.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 07:47
Cath ... virtual hugs coming your way.
Do hope you feel better soon.
22/11/2002 at 08:33
Lots of hugs for you today
Nick

Good food day today - just finished my packed lunch at 8:29!
22/11/2002 at 09:00
Morning everyone. Glad to see that it's not just me having problems with the system - assumed my employers had (wisely) locked me out!
22/11/2002 at 09:06
Hello everyone,

Cath - sorry you're feeling 'orrible.

Was supposed to get weighed in last night but had trauma instead. My dad was admitted to hospital with a deep vein thrombosis so went to pieces in a big way.

Have been to see him and he looks his normal cheeky self but I feel sick inside coz both him and mum have always enjoyed really good health.

My 4 sisters and I have been giving each other lots of hugs and lovely support but I thought I could do with some more and I know what lovely people you fellow forumites are.

Anyway - just needed to fill you in on what's happening with me and mine.

See you later.

:o~
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:32
Dolly ... thoughts going out to you too. That must be so scarey. I do hope all is well soon.
Toast for brekkie ... today's long run cancelled in favour of gym session and swim due to rain, sun, more rain and rain here!
Also I noticed a twinge in the shin whilst walking little one to school... boo hoo.

Oh and over in training BK suggested a gym triathlon. Kesw1ck and I are going to do a beginners version ... anyone here interested? I will post a thread in beginners ... we are doing 10 mins of treadmill, bike and rower, BK will do 20 so maybe we can have two challenges going? V-rap must be up for 20 mins and you did say the training started today!
Just changing music on MP3 player for later gym session! My first! scarey!
22/11/2002 at 09:34
Cath, did you get some sleep? Realised that you haven't posted since 1 in the morning, so hopefull yes.

Sorry about your news Dolly. Hope everything turns out ok.

I'm working at home today and baking bread at the same time.
22/11/2002 at 09:40
Morning all, bad day in Redhead land :-((( Today I would give anything to be able to go back to my lovely stressful job and have to worry about staffing, sales, profit margins etc etc.

Been up and down most of the night seeing to elderly mother who was sleep-walking and crashing into things. Lost count of how many times I put her back to bed (at least 5). At least she didn't manage to set the alarm off this time. Then there's the bed-changing and associated things. Moan, moan, moan...........

This, of course all pales into insignificance when I read Dolly's news. So sorry Dolly, and I really hope your dad's well again soon. It must have been a dreadful shock for you all. Hugs and prayers winging their way to you.

Cath, as always, thinking of you love.xxxx

Don't hold out much hope on the diet front today .

Good luck to anyone weighing-in today.

22/11/2002 at 09:46
Hi all.

Dolly, sorry to hear about your dad. My sister is just going thro' the same thing so I know how worrying it is. Treatment seems to be really effective these days tho' so hopefully everything will turn out alright. I'll be thinking of you.

EP a gym triathlon sounds good but I'd have to find the motivation to join a gym first and in my case I thik it would be a TRY-athlon!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:48
SP .. go on go on go on you know you want to!!
Best wishes to speedy!
WildWill    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:50
Morning all – grey and miserable up here (bit like my mood of late)

Hoping to go for a swim at lunchtime, as I could not drag myself out of bed to this morning

Last Nights Supper OR Recipe for the day

POCKET-PITA-PIZZA
=================

Cut pocket into pita bread
Cover inside with tomato pure (sun dried tomato pure is nice)
Add slithers of ham into pocket
Then small chopped pineapple
Finally crumble in some feta cheese

Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven (180) for 10 mins

Vola

Will
22/11/2002 at 09:50
Hugs for Dolly & Redhead too.

Glenn I've seen you in the changing room so you're not getting a hug!

22/11/2002 at 09:51
EP Stranger things have been known to happen ! :)
22/11/2002 at 09:51
WW That one sound right up my street. Roll on lunch time!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:53
WW ... keep up the good work ... I like these recipes!!
SP go on go on go on!!! :-)
22/11/2002 at 09:53
Thanks Nick. I will beat an explanation out of you next time we meet. I know where you work, remember...

Will, interesting approach. I would have toasted the pitta bread, used fresh tomatoes and not cooked it.
22/11/2002 at 09:54
Isn't it lunch time yet?
22/11/2002 at 09:55
Tomato puree AND fresh tomato...yumee
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:56
yeah leave off the food please!! ;-)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/11/2002 at 09:56
damn need to buy pitta now
1 to 20 of 204 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.