heel & inner ankle

1 message
26/08/2008 at 13:47

Hi

I am pretty much a novice runner, have just started & did my first 10k at the beginning of August & am signed up to do another on Sunday. I am generally quite fit, do a lot of other exercise, but I have an old ankle injury which has re-ocurred (probably due to over-use). The pain isn't just in my ankle though as usual, there is a lot of pain in the heel of my foot. I have read about plantar facilitis & this does not seem to be the same thing. Was wondering if anyone knew if the previous ankle injury could be anyway related to the heel pain, I do not have pain when i first get up & both heel & ankle increase with pain during the day as I move about. Any advice / tips would be most appreciated!

Thanks, Em

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.