heel pain

1 message
20/10/2012 at 11:19

So about a week and a half ago I was worried I had a hip stress fractures so had been doing the so called 'hop test' every so often to reassure myself it wasnt. Anyhow I had probably been overdoing the hopping and noticed a pain on the outer side of my left heel. I have done loads of stretching and foam rolling of the calves etc and although it did feel tight and sore that has subsided but the heel pain hasnt.

I get free physio at uni so went and she said there was nothing wrong with the joint etc and that she noticed i maybe slightly roll out over on my foot, i tend to land too much on the outside. I did get given some stretches which I have been doing but probably not enough. I did manage to run last sunday although i managed to as if i run sort of landing on the heel there is less pain, moreso if i land fore-foot first. The pain seems to ease throughout the day though still hurts to run, more on take off than landing though.

Any ideas what it could be/stretches to do?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.