HELP NEEDED PLEASE

ACL TEAR + MENISCUS TEAR

3 messages
03/12/2012 at 15:27

Hello,

right where do i start, football and running is my passion in life! but injury always gets in my way!, i have recently had a mri scan on my right knee and my doc said i have a torn ACL and a torn meniscus..also the scan says i previously tore my ACL couple of years ago but i didnt think my knee was that bad before. i was wondering if anyone could help me with exercises to strengthen my knee and muscles around the knee  before surgery. it doesnt hurt that much but only when i try to run or bend all the way down.

right more problems couple of years ago i broke my ankle and i went up to 16 and half stone (what a joke) then i lost 4 stone by running and football but now i have flat feet right more worse than the left, i think i maybe had flat feet before i lost the weight, i just didnt notice but i have had problems with m ankles for years!

well i heard a saying "it all starts at your feet"

ive have quite alot of time on my hands now so i want to make my legs as bombproof as possible i will do anything to become injury free! i have a gym across the road from me, i have foam rollers anyone can help i will be very grateful!

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 15:30
03/12/2012 at 16:25

Talk to the gym saff and see if they can tailor a prog. Leg raises, squats, lunges (Carefully) leg presses all help. Been there meniscus wise and they all helped.

03/12/2012 at 17:19

I had surgery six months ago for both ACL and meniscus. I'm back on the road now! A good gym with proper staff will help you tailor your workout before and after surgery. The meniscus though might cause you some problems before surgery...I'm also using a food supplement to help cartilage preservation, good luck! It's a long journey but it's worth it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.