Help with a very large open blister

Open blister on the bottom of my foot, need a speedy recovery

21 to 28 of 28 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
14/09/2012 at 16:35

Gotta love those icy eyes.

jb - has your foot gone black and dropped off yet?

15/09/2012 at 23:37

Don't put any patches on.  Delays healing.  Keep the area clean and moisturised and it should heal up in about 5 days. After 7 days you can file away all the old skin (if any) and you're ready to go.  Only danger if keeping the blister open is infection.

16/09/2012 at 00:13

Compeed will do the job nicely.  Just leave the patch on till you eventually find something plasticy and nasty lurking around in your bedsheets!

16/09/2012 at 13:28

I used the Dr Scholl ones and they worked very well, you actually forget its there and as Paul J-R said you will find it under the bedsheets. I could run with my blister no problem wearing it

Nurse Ratched    pirate
16/09/2012 at 21:27
T Rex wrote (see)

Don't put any patches on.  Delays healing.  Keep the area clean and moisturised and it should heal up in about 5 days. After 7 days you can file away all the old skin (if any) and you're ready to go.  Only danger if keeping the blister open is infection.

Compeed and other dressings of that type don't delay healing, they assist it.

SO............jb................how did the race go?

18/09/2012 at 09:20

Well the compeeds worked a treat, didnt have much problem at all ! The race went pretty well, i set of too fast and my legs were cramping horrendously by mile 9, the last few miles were a killer ! Finished in 2 hours 13 mins which im pretty happy with !! I hope to smash it next year !! 

18/09/2012 at 17:24

Nice one JB, well toughed out

25/09/2012 at 15:09

I have a blister exactly the same as your photo after doing a 10.4 mile run last night. Have put a compeed onit and hopeing it will be ok in time for my half marathon in 13 days time. Am obviously going to stop training as i can hardly walk onit. If im ok will also be popping down the local running shop to get some proper socks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.