High intensity training and memory loss

21 to 32 of 32 messages
03/07/2013 at 14:15

Erm............ no, it has gone again

03/07/2013 at 14:22

Are you sure you are not trying to sell some of this stuff?

I have got some somewhere but I cannot remember what I have done with it

03/07/2013 at 15:25
Screamapillar wrote (see)
Eoin B wrote (see)

Hey listen it may not work, but then again it might. We could argue back and forth all day about whether something is effective or not. Only one way to find out, Im gonna take lecithin and the B vitamins see what happens.

Cheers

Hm...not so sure, you could exercise less, sleep more and be less stressed.

Those things would almost certainly improve the condition but your inclination would be to attribute it to the supplements.

"Placebo" is the word that comes to mind if I'm honest. Still, it's your buck, as long as it improves one way or the other then it doesn't matter. 

He'll just end up with very expensive wee...

03/07/2013 at 15:32

Maybe he can sell that? 

cougie    pirate
03/07/2013 at 15:33
If he dilutes it - some homeopath might buy it ?
03/07/2013 at 15:35

The scary thing is there are a LOT of people out there who would jump on that bandwagon, branding as a new 'health kick' if it had the right marketing

03/07/2013 at 15:55

Some naturopaths (for want of a better word) actively promote the benefits of drinking urine for health.

Pudge    pirate
03/07/2013 at 15:59

Piss in a can already exists...it's generally branded as "Fosters" or "Carling".

03/07/2013 at 16:08

I've been trying to explain that to the OH for a while now! lol

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 16:09
03/07/2013 at 17:08

@Pudge I met the Fosters marketing director in The Hanbury in Caerleon a few years ago.  This is how it panned out:

Me: I've got an idea for an advertising slogan for you.
Him: Oh, yes?
Me: Yes.  It goes like this: "G'day mate.  Fosters lager - it's piss, in a can."

AFAIK they haven't gone with it yet.

04/07/2013 at 11:53
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Hm...not so sure, you could exercise less, sleep more and be less stressed.

Those things would almost certainly improve the condition but your inclination would be to attribute it to the supplements.

"Placebo" is the word that comes to mind if I'm honest. Still, it's your buck, as long as it improves one way or the other then it doesn't matter. 

I make sure to get enough sleep every night(8 - 10hrs) so its not that and Im pretty good at managing/dealing with stress so I cant say I feel overly burdened either. As for the exercise, Im in a training cycle right now so Im only going to be training more not less over the next 3 months. But looking at my training schedule it seems reasonable enough. I mean the Intensity is high and maybe my CNS is taking a hit, but the volume isnt ridiculously high or anything like that. 

04/07/2013 at 12:06

8-10 hrs sleep a night? I'm doing well if I get that over 2 nights!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.