High Protein Breakfast

...that doesn't involve cooking!

41 to 45 of 45 messages
18/09/2002 at 08:54
Beth - A thought, maybe a stupid one, it's still early. If protein is really the main priority for you at breakfast what about a pack of shelled prawns or other shellfish type stuff? Apologies if the idea makes you want to hurl, but if not it seems ideal.

You could always stir them in porridge :-)
18/09/2002 at 10:25
Shellfish sounds OK, actually, Glenn. Thanks for that.

RoadRunner: I still don't see how you can go without brekkie, even if you don't run in the morning. It is the most important meal of the day, but many tell me that they can't face it and have nothing. At least you have a grapefruit half. Got to get the metabolism started somehow.

I get up at 6.30am to run. Start work at 8am, 5 minute car journey to work. I like morning running but if I was in the UK and had to commute a fair distance I don't know whether I'd get up even earlier. I'd probably do evening runs as well.

18/09/2002 at 12:11
What is it with grapefruit halves? Can't anyone manage a WHOLE grapefruit? I quite like them - not the nasty sour yellow ones, but the pink- and red-fleshed ones. Too fiddly to bother with at breakfast time, though.
18/09/2002 at 12:46
Grapefruits are the work of the devil!!!

They are only beaten in the disgusting food challenge by bees bum-juice (honey) and bealzebub's brown sauce (marmite).

G.
18/09/2002 at 13:26
I'd have cottage cheese near the top of my disgusting-but-healthy food list. A cottage cheese, celery bagel followed by a sweet egg white omelette and stewed rhubarb with a sprinkling of ground ginger...groooough.

Grapefruit is great. But it isn't a breakfast, it's a fruit.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.