hip injury

hip pain. HELP!

4 messages
11/09/2005 at 19:37
have been for a long run today and had to end up walking half way home. Had a terrible pain right inside my hip, that then sent a pain at that base of my spine/bottom of my pelvis, and aslo affected the outer muscle of my upper leg and knee.Have been experiencing this for a couple of weeks now but today was really bad. Im due to run in the agreat North Run next week but dont know if I should. what does anyone think? how can I get this sorted?
11/09/2005 at 20:53
Hi Kim

I sympathise with you. I have been getting the same sort of pain on and off for several weeks now. I've been to the Physio a couple of times and he said its coming from my back. I have a rotated pelvis (whatever that is). So he did some manipulation and gave me some strengthening excercises to do and it eased off till I did a 10 mile run earlier this week. Now the pain's back so I've made another appointment for Wednesday. I am supposed to be running at Windsor in 2 weeks so I want to get it fixed by then if possible. I would suggest you get yourself to a physiotherapist as soon as possible.
Good luck.
20/09/2005 at 17:51
thanks for that.Did the great north run in the end in 1hr 55mins. could have gone a bit faster but there were too many runners (as you might guess!!?)my hip was fine, infact I felt like I was flying at 6 miles, but then on 10 miles the old hip started going again so had to slow down quite a bit.I went to a physio and had all the usual massages but I think I may have a touch of arthritis in my old bones! Im 42 but feel I may need to be put out to graze! Cant ever imagine a life without running as Ive been doing it for quite a few years now. thanks for getting back to me anyway.
10/10/2005 at 20:01
I too have hip and groin pain and shin pain in the opposite leg - it is driving me mad. I can't even run for 10 minutes without being in agony. I have spent a fortune on chiropractors, sports massage, podiatrists etc. I can't bear the thought of giving up, can't imagine my life without running.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.