hip pain. possible trapped nerve?

2 messages
05/02/2010 at 11:19
Hi. I'm new on here. I've only been running since november. I'm now at the stage where I can quite comfortably run 5k in approx 26mins. I've been doing almost all my training on the treadmill due to the dark nights.

I've started to get a niggling pain in my right hip joint. Nothing to bad so I've carried on running at a steady pace. However I suddenly got a really sharp twinge in my hip last night after running approx 3k so I stopped early. I doesn't really hurt at all now be am concerned it might return. Any ideas

Many thanks.
05/02/2010 at 12:17

COuld be one of many things. Nobody wil lbe able to diagnose it on here, with such a vague description....could be tight particualr muscle/muscle group, bursitis, some kind of joint issue...or many other problems.

Try another run, and if it is still there, then you may wish to consider going to a physio who may be able to help identify problem.

Edited: 05/02/2010 at 12:21

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.