Ho Ho Ho - Weekend Fat Club

time to carbo load for the big day??

1 to 20 of 513 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 11:11
Just 4 "sleeps" to go untill Santa pops by with pressies for all the good boys and girls round the world!
Now having been here for a while I know you will all be getting a visit!
However we mustn't forget that the big day is very busy so we need to carbo load so we have the energy to have a great day.
Naturally this is calorie free carbo loading so feel free to go OTT on the chocies and mince pies!!
Have a great weekend everybody!!
EP
21/12/2002 at 11:16
Morning EP.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 11:20
morning chimp .... can't believe no-one else had started a thread!

How's you??

I'm planning a longer run whilst son is at a xmas party today, but it's cold!
21/12/2002 at 11:28
Hi all
Off into town soon, groan
21/12/2002 at 11:28
I'm fine ta. Gym later and long off-road run tomorrow. Supposed to be clearing the garage out now but hoping it will clear itself!! i'll have another look in 10 minutes.
21/12/2002 at 12:03
Morning all,

I'm still trying to wake up after my Xmas party last night, haven't run for 10 days now due to lazyitis but am going to go tomorrow provided I'm not too p*ssed from tonight's party.

GGFB
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 12:22
what we all doing talking about this r word anyway? It's Christmas!
21/12/2002 at 12:24
I agree EP but runner shouts if we dont mention running. Think we've done enough now though dont you?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 12:27
well it's been meantioned a few times now ... guess it's safe to talk about other stuff!
It took me 4 hrs to wrap 3 pressies last night!
21/12/2002 at 12:35
It took me 5 hours to get completely slaughtered last night!!!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 12:37
that was slow GFB try harder tonight please!
21/12/2002 at 13:06
hehehe

morning friendly festive folk (doh its afternoon already)

Ive got my BIG hockey Xmare do tonight - its a 'dinnerdance (very 70's?) at a golf club so who knows what to expect - got to spend the day trying to turn myself into something presentable - anyone got a magic wand they can send me ?

Also going to pop into town to find something sparkly to wear - im thinking tinsel - but gold or silver - which look better with black?

If i get time will also go for aswim and sauna to chillout a bit before i get ready

speak to you later on - maybe 5ish?

btw - i feel like i am running around like a blue ar8ed fly doing Stressmas shopping - do you think Runner will accept that - or should I forge a note from my mum? ;-]]
21/12/2002 at 13:22
EP

The five hours was to go the whole hog, I think it was more of a pyramid training session!!!!

Maybe this evening should be a recovery drink!!!

GGFB
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 13:31
that's an idea - let us know how you get on!
21/12/2002 at 13:31
Silver with black Bune.

Feeling a bit left out :-( So busy at the mo. Still, finish work once Christmas Day 10am service is done for 6 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS as don't start new parish until Feb 11. Got to move somewhere in the middle of all that though.

Oh dear, time to feed puppy and then walk both dogs. Try to catch you later.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 15:20
happy damp pixie!
Just done my longest run in one go - a slow 6.6Km (wobbley messuring with accuroute will check later)
OK so not very far but I didn't stop! It took me 54mins but it was continual! My previous longest run without stopping was 40 mins about 5 wks ago!
I knew I was slow but to be honest my legs were achy and I wasn't expecting more than 20 mins but I took it one corner at a time. Breathing would have taken me further.

Only snag is my right lower leg felt a bit numb when I finished not sure why.
anyway I'm very pleased with myself ... over 4 miles in one go!
I've planned a 10k stagger from my mum's home on boxing day so that has warmed me up nicely!

rest day tomorrow I think!
Yippee!

Off for a shower now (hope there is some hot water!) then I have to walk to collect Oliver from a party by 4!!
Laters everyone

Very Happy EP!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/12/2002 at 15:44
6.6km confirmed
Also I may have had a drink with me but I didn't take any which is something I usually do every 2-3 mins after the first 5-10 mins and it had become a safety net as such.
Looks like I am actually improving now!
shower wasn't very good though - think the pump is playing up after less than a year of use so that's annoyed me!
hey this means I can have some guilt free wine tonight!!!

And where is everyone when I'm blowing my own trumpet and need someone to say Well Done that Pixie!!
Typical!!
Oh well off to get Oliver now!!
21/12/2002 at 15:52
To EP, well done for running such a long way and also going out running on the last Saturday before Christmas Day. Enjoy your wine you deserve it, enjoying my first mince pie at the moment with two eyes watching every bite (my dog).

Merry christmas and happy running.
21/12/2002 at 15:58
Well done that Pixie!

WELL DONE THAT PIXIE!!!!

(If if I could write with stars and bigger letters I would!)

Isn't a great feeling to go further than you've ever done before?

Go for the guilt free!

Only a brief visit - will look in later.

Well Done that Pixie!
21/12/2002 at 16:31
Ep, thays FAB
Im wimping out at the gym, its too wet
Sorry Runner
And ive got a bit of glass in my foot ouch
1 to 20 of 513 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.