How do I know if running is affecting my fertility?

Is there any way of telling whether I'm ovulating?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
14/11/2005 at 13:57
Thanks Miss Piggy - I have seen that book online myself and have heard in recommended on a few other websites. Good for someone who likes 'the science bit' and also quite reassuring.

I'm not going to go down the road of charting temperature or peeing on a stick just yet - I think it just makes you feel stressed which is a big antidote to conception. As I said before, I'm not desperate to conceive - will be happy if it happens but not devastated if it doesn't. Will have a look at the US site though - thanks for the tip!

Good luck to you too - it can take a while for your cycle to sort itself out post-Pill so don't worry if it's a bit haywire for a while. I had one period (very light, hardly anything there) about 2 weeks after stopping the Pill then nothing for another 5 weeks, and now my cycle is anywhere between 33 and 40 days, so even if I did have sticks to pee on I wouldn't know when!!
14/11/2005 at 14:10
Minks, I've just had a brief look on one of the threads, some good stuff on there. Only problem is, like Ivillage too, is that there's tons of abbreviations and I've only got the hang of ttc so far, must make a list for future reading!
14/11/2005 at 14:13
this site has a really great dictionary - and lots of other fun stuff.

The US thread is in the womens forum and usually starts around 2-3pm our time.
14/11/2005 at 14:15
Cinders, know what you mean about all the abbreviations! I gave up on the iVillage one recently because I didn't have a clue what they were all talking about! I think there was a list of what the abbreviations meant but I only discovered this afterwards and hadn't printed it off.
14/11/2005 at 14:19
The dictionary MP (thanks MP) linked is very good, never realised there could be so many! At least it makes translation better now!
14/11/2005 at 14:29
Lol...have found out so far its not a good idea to have LO with your BIL!!!! (that's sex with your brother in law).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.