How do you know when you are OK?

after a horribble virus?

21 to 34 of 34 messages
17/11/2009 at 12:54

ooh eck

no echinacea in med box just "milk Thistle" whatever that does

didnt know that about not fagging it but really need to stop eventually(working on it )

Edited: 17/11/2009 at 12:55
17/11/2009 at 14:01

I've also heard from others who've had the jab that it can take a while to get over a bit of lurgification, so that may be why you're still feeling ropey.

As for me, dissertation is now done, I've passed my MSc (with distinction ) and am now working full time again.

I think another thing that contributed to me struggling to recover from illness is the fact I've not really had a proper break since finishing my old (very stressful) job, starting, doing and finishing my (very intensive, vocational) masters, and starting the new job.  Think I need a holiday as much as owt else...

Milk thistle?  I think popular opinion denotes it to be good for liver function but I think "Dr" (cough cough) Gillian McKeith may have also recommended it somewhere, so it may in fact be entirely useless...

Hang in there - you'll start to feel better soon, but do take it easy.

17/11/2009 at 15:11
ta Lady P you old swat bucket
17/11/2009 at 15:22
17/11/2009 at 15:25

ta Cin

xx

17/11/2009 at 16:54

How much glutamine supplement should you take?

thanks

Lisa

18/11/2009 at 07:08

dunno Lisa

will tell you when I get a some and read instructions.

not sure abbout milking thistles - a bugger to get underneath them and where are the tits?

Edited: 18/11/2009 at 07:10
18/11/2009 at 08:19
just to let you know, I can deffo recommend Beconase - I actually slept all night last night without coughing - woo hoo!!!!
18/11/2009 at 11:14
will try that Cath. Better than garlic I guess
19/11/2009 at 10:08

I've been following this thread for the past few days as like most other people, I've had a case of the lurgie... normally I would rush back too soon and prolong the problem, this time I've waited longer than I normally would (a week now since my last run).

I figured, my cough now has all but gone, and is dry (nothing phlegmy any more), I've slept better the last few nights, I tried 15 minutes on my turbo trainer last night and no ill-effects this morning (I tried the same last Friday and woke up with a tight chest)

So, a short 8km this morning I think, very slowly, fingers crossed, hopefully I've dicsovered the secret about when I'm well enough to start running again....here goes !!!

19/11/2009 at 11:43

So, how did it go ?

It went OK I think, I'm clearly not 100% but on balance the psychological benefit of getting outside and running probably outweighed the physical downside. Maybe another day off could have been a better idea but I suppose I'll know for certain tomorrow.

Its a fine line.

19/11/2009 at 11:55

tis a fine line m.ark, glad you are on right side now.

I am better now i think .So may try little plod tomorrow.

19/11/2009 at 18:00
got some ecki wotsits today for moon system
27/11/2009 at 08:53
PloddingOn wrote (see)

Not smoking also lowers your immune system

Not sure how long it takes, but you will get swine flu like symptoms after the jab.  That could be why you feel rubbish

Eh.....So you saying not to stop smoking!!!

We had the worst month of the year, each member of the family one after the other, have been ill with the virus every week.   It was said not to be the swine flu due to the temperature being 37.5.....

However the youngest recovering now......

I started off with cross training indoors, before I felt ok with running in the lovely cooling wet weather which I love - it makes me run faster for a reason 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.