Hydration

7 messages
13/08/2002 at 10:37
Can anyone give me some general advice about avoiding dehydration? I try to drink about 4-5 pints of water throughout the day at my desk and take on more during training but I still wake up every morning really thirsty (and also desperate for the loo - why?!)! I find it hard to motivate myself to go running when i feel dehydrated because i'm then tired). I've found that diluting lucozade sport into the water helps. Any ideas?
13/08/2002 at 10:40
Personally I think you're drinking more than enough already.
Everyone wakes up needing the toilet (I wake up 1-2 times a night and go as well).
Are you sure your lethargy and tiredness are caused by dehydration ?
WildWill    pirate
13/08/2002 at 10:46
Stumpy

I have the same problem of waking up with severe de-hydration, the doc even gave me tests for diabetes, I have not found a way to prevent the de-hydration but found starting the morning with a isotonic drink (500ml) seems to sort me out.

Will
13/08/2002 at 10:53
I think so just because i notice that i'm more tired when i don't drink as much and I sit all day in an air conditioned office which probably isn't helping! I'm struggling to run for more than 20-25 minutes on bad days and as i'm training for Bristol 1/2 this isn't good if i want a nice big PB!!
13/08/2002 at 11:02
Thanks Will! I'll try the early morning drink.

St.
13/08/2002 at 13:02
Hi there

Not a medical expert at all, but just to follow on from Will, do think about asking your GP to test you for diabetes, as being really thirsty and peeing a lot, plus feeling generally yuk can all be symptoms of diabetes.

Fiona
16/08/2002 at 12:09
well i had a test of diabetes and it was fine so at least that possibility can be ruled out. I'm still very thirsty though. Maybe its just the weather.
Have a great weekend all.
S.x.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.