inside lower leg mystery

pain near tibia inside lower leg

4 messages
09/01/2003 at 23:24
Since last June I have had pain (off and on) on the inside of my lower leg, about 4/5 inches up from the ankle. Although it feels like something is tearing and is sometimes hard to walk on (especially when cold) if I massage the area it is very specific and small (about 2/3 inches long the bone(not ON the bone))
It comes on at the beginning of a run then subsides as I get warm, but when I stop, the real pain starts. This has begun to hang around for days.

I am having physio and he reckons it is a problem with a nerve running from my lower back down to my ankle. (called the saffron something possibly??)

Since physio the problem is actually getting worse. As I am having my lower back massaged I am now getting back aches as well.

I do motion exercises, use lots of ice and do yoga, but still nothing.

Does anyone out there know more than me? Has anyone had a similar problem or can recommend different treatment, say acupunture etc.
I live in the Cardiff area.

Thanks, Rachel
09/01/2003 at 23:28
Was it the sciatic nerve?

Not sure what to suggest - if you're seeing a physio you've got someone who knows a lot more about these things than me.
09/01/2003 at 23:32
My mistake - the sciatic nerve goes on into the foot, I think the one you mean is the saphenous nerve.
10/01/2003 at 09:43
yes, thats the one!
Do you know anything about this kind of injury?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.