Is this a calf strain?

1 message
20/10/2012 at 17:01

Just started  light and slow jogging again after a knee ACL reconstruction. I have been going 2 weeks now all ok. Yesterday I felt my left calf tight on the operated leg I had knee done 5 months ago. Anyhow today on the treadmill I was light jogging when ping, I felt something, the calf was tight before and a bit sore but thought it was just wear and tear and aching from training. I felt a pin and that was it I had to stop.

I can now barely put any weight on the calf and its like ive got cramp but its not cramp if you know what i mean. Im retsing it with ice.

Does it sound like a calf strain and if so how long am i out for as ive started training again  for next years london marathon as I have a spot.

Im a bit gutted as only just gone back to training.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.