itbs strap

can i use this ???

4 messages
c22
29/11/2012 at 18:44

was wondering if i can use the "elastoplast sport knee strap" as an it band support ??

the pharmasist in my local boots said she didnt see why not ?

it has a little pressure pad built in just like the it band supports

any ideas people ?

c22
29/11/2012 at 18:50

heres a link to it

http://int.elastoplast.net/products/knee-strap

30/11/2012 at 11:46

wouldnt you be better off doing foam roller massage? not sure what the straps are supposed to do?

30/11/2012 at 19:26
Itb straps generally fit an inch or two above the knee, with a pressure pad placed directly over your itb. There are plenty available, and can be useful while you're rehabilitating from itbs i.e. they are not a long term solution. I found the Pro-tec itb wrap good, and stayed in place for a marathon. I'm not sure if the pharmasist would be that clued up

I currently have some tendonitis on one side, and Itb problems on the other. I can run approx 6 miles without strapping before Itbs kicks in. While wearing a Mueller Max knee strap I can churn out long runs of 15 miles or more without problem. Meanwhile I'm working to sort out the problem

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.