JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

kicking the alcohol habit

61 to 80 of 14,647 messages
10/02/2006 at 17:38
FF: if he worships the ground you walk on, could you, erm... 'occupy' him so that he's too busy to drink?

More seriously (although it might work!), again, if he 'wtgywo' doesn't the idea of going to an early grave, apart from you, give him pause for thought?

Is he competitive? Could you make the not drinking a competition between you?

Not trying to be pushy - just concerned for you.
10/02/2006 at 17:54
You know.. I think life's too short to give up what you enjoy. Surely everything in moderation. 2 glasses or wine a day are supposed to be good for you.
It's not as if those of us who are taking part in this discussion are couch potatoes, drinking...eating... and no exercise. Surely the exercise must counterract something!
I've had 2 friends killed this last year in road accidents. 1 was out training. i now live life to the full and dont put off anything, including the glass(es) of wine.
10/02/2006 at 18:22
Like I said Sass, he only 'wtgiwo' when he's sober and unless I 'occupy' him until gone 2 in the morning, the alcohol will always win (I may be fit, but not that fit)!!! nice thought though.

No he's not competitive at all, he thinks I'm mad for running, giving up smoking, giving up drinking, etc.

If it wasn't for the kids I'd probably be long gone if I'm totally honest. Running keeps me occupied whilst I'm waiting for them to grow up or him to make some changes, whatever comes first.
10/02/2006 at 18:39
Molly
er, for some of us , we DONT do booze in moderation, and thats why theres a problem for some of us
Why arent we on the other booze thread on beginners?
10/02/2006 at 19:23
I'm sorry everyone - what's 'wtgywo'?

I know it may be a secret between SR and FF but it's driving me crazy and I know you don't want to drive me to drink!

10/02/2006 at 19:29
Look it's Frday night and I can't move away from my lap top until someone expains 'wtgthingywhatsit'
10/02/2006 at 19:35
'worships the ground I walk on' I think JD

pmsl .... go out and have fun ya nutta
10/02/2006 at 19:46
pmsl, whats that ? stop it!
10/02/2006 at 21:20
you asked
piss myself laffing!
10/02/2006 at 21:20
lmfao
10/02/2006 at 23:08
'I might fight an ostrich' - Hippo that makes no sense!

10/02/2006 at 23:13
its an l
er, look seriously
why dotn you all go on giving up the booze thread on beginners forum
loads of useful stuff on there
11/02/2006 at 07:50
Morning
12/02/2006 at 12:39
Hi Plodding Hippo

The main reason I'm not joining the other thread is that I am now involved in fulfilling Laurac aspirations of being invited to friends/ celebrities weddings as a public speaker, Fat Fyes dreams of being invited on Richard and judy with Hubby to talk about being voted 'The Couple I would Most Like To Be" 2006, Gaz's forthcoming job as team coach/ player manager of newcastle united or England and the release of Bunbury's book 'How I Led Them All To The Light and other sidelines'.

If you have a dream that is maybe not being realised due to too much sauce join our thread.

P.S. another Saturday without booze- hope all are O.K.

Gaz - how's it going - let me know if your not interested in the Newcastle job

12/02/2006 at 14:20
Hi JD, and all......

Cold, rainy, damp, fed up, alone, otherwise not too bad, looking forward to another night with no drink.......

Sorry JD, I will have to turn down the Newcastle job, I would be no good as I am not really into football, strange for a bloke I know, I have no other aspirations..

Well done on booze free last night....
13/02/2006 at 09:11
ha, ha, yes jammie dodger...but you cant be a publ;ic speaker...only an usher!!

plodding hippo-the main reason i am not on the other thread is simply because i started the thread without checking there was one already on the topic-impulse to shout "JOIN ME ON THE WAGON...!!"

Molly-agree with plodding hippo,that is the whole point that some people cant do it in moderation and in fact dont "enjoy" life when doing it...they drink for other reasons...

I have been away this weekend...hotel offered a bottle of champagne (due it being stupid valentines although thats not why i went away!!) and I said NO...and it was free!...i feel so much better today and all of this weekend. i did a slow plod for an hour and was thinking of the people on this thread and wondering how you were all getting on...unfortunately my sobriety is making me realise i need a new job!!

Laura.
13/02/2006 at 10:37
Laura - You've already got a new job - 'Head of the RW Temperance Society'

What new job do you want? One where you can work from home and stare out the window and go on RW forum all day with nobody to tell you off? Sounds perfect!
13/02/2006 at 10:40
JD-temperance-ha, ha, i'm not a good advert!! youve just described what i do at work anyway...go on RW forum and look out the window-my office, home=same difference,although there IS someone to tell me off! what do you do then?
13/02/2006 at 14:28
I'm not sure what sort of job you do but can't you say your doing research.

When I worked for a company I was always having to tell people off for their internet usage - most embarrassing moment was telling someone older than me not to look at the picture of girls with no clothes on urmm - playing the pink oboe. I don't know who felt the most awkward
15/02/2006 at 14:28
Jammie Dodger - heehee. I'll let you know when the book is published.

How's everyone getting on?

Peace,

Bunbury.
61 to 80 of 14,647 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.