JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

kicking the alcohol habit

14,381 to 14,400 of 14,647 messages
12/05/2008 at 12:11
I need photos.....It's a long way to travel if you're fibbing
12/05/2008 at 13:51

Finished!!!

Fibbing just a bit JD.....I had skimpy bikini top on with shorts and now I have a bright red back with matching knockers!!! attractive huh!

Ohhh, present for you

http://www.besportier.com/archives/mark-nason-embossed-leather-messenger-bag.jpg

and one of these

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230191390.jpg

See....I know how to woo you JD
12/05/2008 at 14:10

Ooooo, add some soft kitchen lighting

http://www.brilliantlighting.com/images/gallery/tech-lighting-kitchen-1.jpg

<wafts smells of home cooking and fresh coffee JDs way>

Are you wood enough yet?

12/05/2008 at 20:12

I thought it was hot outside but the temperature seems to be rising in here!

I did the Fred Whitton challenge this weekend and I dead now and sun burnt, I look like 

http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/bios/bioZoidberg.jpg

Zoidberg off Futurama!!

Did a decent time but blew big time at 100 miles and ended up having to push up Hardknott pass, which I'm struggling to come to terms with.

12/05/2008 at 21:12

Thats a good look Tele!

How far was the Fred thingy then if you blew at 100 miles????  How does you bottom cope with such mileage on the saddle???

I've just cycled to running club....hacked it through the woods and got stung by killer nettles and cycled home again....and I'm feeling really good if not a bit pink!

Power washer is fab....except I am now missing most of the grout in between my patio slabs

13/05/2008 at 07:26

Morning all,

Fell off the wagon big time last night - sank a whole bottle of red wine all by myself. Am feeling fragile and disgusted with myself this morning - have no idea why I did it. Was just watching TV, and it just slipped down.

It's the first time for ages I've been so daft. 

13/05/2008 at 09:16

Hiya PW.....................never mind love......don't be disgusted with yourself because thats what some people do every single night of every single week, etc etc....  Feel good that your feeling delicate because of it....because when you stop feeling delicate after downing a whole bottle of wine its time to try two!

Off for a long slow one today...weather is lovely and a bit cooler than recently so perfect.

Got home about 1940 last night and Mr FF was eating his tea already (left out all prepared by FF!).  By 2100 he was snoring and I think we'd said two sentences to each other.  He left for work at 0600 this morning before I was awake.....this is the sort of relationship that could go on for years before anyone realises its dead!

My friend who had the stillbirth is having her caesarean on Friday and work have given me Thursday night off paid to be there with her....I'm a bit nervous as its going to be a bit emotional but it should be good too and hopefully heal a few things too....Oh and its Mr FF's birthday this Friday and the bike hasn't arrived and I have no idea when its going to :/

13/05/2008 at 12:27

Afternoon all,

FF the fred thing is 112miles, which isn't too bad but at 100 miles you've to climb this bugger!

http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-me1.jpg

http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-dh13.jpg

Hope thursday/Friday goes ok for you, must be a horrible experience to go through that.

Don't worry about it it PW, as they say what doesn't kill you will make you stronger, I get guilty about what I spend on a night out and think what I could have bought for my bike.

Need to start running again for the Scottish coal carrying championship and to help out on a mates Bob Graham Round attempt but got no motivation for it and I'm really enjoying my cycling at the moment.

Also need to start hitting the gym as I'm off on a stag do in 1 month so need to get shut of my sparrow chest.

13/05/2008 at 12:42

FF - a good chamois and plenty of lube on both the chamois and undercarrige is the the trick to a pain free chuff.

13/05/2008 at 15:55

Lube on my undercarriage????  And a chamois seat???  Or a chamois on my seat?  A lubed chamois on my seat ...... what like vasaline or ky jelly .... or bipanthem nappy cream??

....however, I'm beginning to see the attraction of a 100+ mile bike ride already

Seriously though, our hospital is moving a bit closer to home next year (about 12 miles away) and I'm seriously considering cycling one day a week in the summer....if I could sort out the 'undercarriage' problems it would be most helpful.

Talk to VT about the cycling running thing.....she's managed to run some good times without much run training and lots of cycling mileage.

VT WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!

13/05/2008 at 22:23

The pad in your cycling shorts is know as a chamois (if you didn't know),as in years gone by was it was a real chamois, but these days it's synthetic chamois. I then use this stuff, i know some folk use vas but this has a lovely cooling effect when you put it on that I like, sends a shiver down my spine when I first put my shorts on! Think the ky would have you sliding too much!

You might find that if your bike has a blokes seat it's not designed for you sensitive areas, You can buy womens specific saddles, Although is suspect it's like mens seats, It's all down to personal choice. I can't imagine that it's comfy for women sit on a bike saddle. I find the more I do the less pain I get in the gusset area. Although I do always start to rise down there when I come to some traffic lights and get off the saddle, which can't be a good sign, and also after a good ride in the bedroom it will stand up but won't do the rest. Also I don't think that's a good thing!

Think I'm not going to bother doing Scotland, as enjoying my cycling too much to drop if.

14/05/2008 at 11:59

hmmmmm....a little too much info Tele but hey, we're all friends here on the wagon  

I have heard that lots of cycling can do things to a mans dangly bits rendering him less than 100% fertile.....

Thanks for explaining the chamois thing....this all makes sense now.  Oh, and my cycling colleague who regularly does the 'somewhere in Britain to somewhere in France' bike ride says I have to remove my underwear too!  I may try that next time .... no knickers and lots of lube on my chamois.....not sure I'll be able to cycle without a knowing smirk on my face though   Oh, and I've already changed the seat for a womans gel seat ....it has a slightly wider area to account for ladies wider spaced ischial tuberocities...the bony bits that you sit on....(I'm not still on the bedroom discussion in case you're wondering)

.....you cyclists are a funny lot!

....Right, I'm off before my monologuing takes a downward into the gutter tone

14/05/2008 at 12:35
Yes defo ride without knickers in cycling shorts, not just cos it's more comfy but also then you don't get VPL!
14/05/2008 at 17:45

Hello Tele and FF,

Thanks for support re fall off wagon. I also find my bike saddle v. uncomfortable, and will investigate a chamois. Do you have to buy special cycling shorts with one in, or can you get one separately to fit into ordinary shorts?

FF - hope your friend's section goes well - mine was an emergency one under general anaesthetic, and I still have nightmares about the whole experience 18 years later. I bitterly resented the fact that I was out cold when No. 1 son arrived, and that Mr PW was the first one to hold him etc. Have pretty much rationalised it now, but was really screwed up mentally at the time. So I joined VBAC group and had ITS daughter the normal way - thank God!

*waves to anyone else around* Where are you all???

14/05/2008 at 21:28

You can buy undies with a chamois in but I would have thought you still might get a bit of chaffing down there, I've never used them so I'm only guessing. I've only ever used cycling shorts.

Why is when you are skint , nights that you can't miss out on keep coming up?

Mothers Cousins stag on Sat but we're close so can't miss it, but going out willstop me training on Sunday!

Hope tomorrow goes well, or as well as can be expected  FF.

Edited: 14/05/2008 at 21:44
15/05/2008 at 08:59

Morning!

Just finished my night shift and Mr FF's bike has just arrived!

PW: If you had an emergency that required a GA it must have been needed as we try to avoid GA's in pregnant women....sounds like  you could have done with a bit of debriefing (which you can still get now if needed).  These are known as Category 1 sections where the baby needs to be delivered immediately in order to save mum or baby's life.  I often feel so sorry for these women as they are attacked from all angles in a desperate hurry to get baby out but at the end of the day you ended up with a healthy, mentally intact child.  Elective sections are a different kettle of fish.  My friends first baby was a category one section and he was born with Downs Syndrome (despite her being 19 years old)....she had a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean for those of you who don't know) but ended up with a ventouse (suction cup) for fetal distress which I delivered.. he is well and beautiful...her third son was the stillbirth following a prolapsed umbilical cord at 41 weeks pregnant which I also delivered and was one of the most agonising experiences of my life......I am hoping that tomorrow brings a baby girl as she is desperate for a daughter and that would be the icing on the cake....but she will be happy with a healthy child.  I'm excited but nervous of the emotions because I don't like other people seeing me 'churned up'....I'm also worried with her history that something awful will happen....She has declined all screening for fetal abnormalities etc....but I'm sure all will be fine and I'll cry like a big baby!

Tele: Life's too short to worry about money....enjoy yourself!

JD: Where have you gone??? Did you not like my wooing??? I'm hurt

15/05/2008 at 09:35

Loved the wooing, I've just been very busy going to meetings - away from my keyboard all day and then dull brained in the evening.

Oh, and I have been decorating the kitchen......just white at the moment.....sealing plaster and filling holes mostly.....the dodgerette drives me mad by moving everything back into the kitchen inbetween coats of paint......every time, 45 mins removing everything, 1hr painting, 30 mins cleaning.

BTW , FF.......I have the bag....you know I have the stool......it's too late to change the lighting........ideas for you.....I'll write a list.......gosh that sounds very materialistic..........just turn up...that'll do

15/05/2008 at 17:10

<Runs off to find something nice to wear and refuel the car>

.............. on my way

15/05/2008 at 17:52
......tee hee he.....just give me a few moments to expain polygamy to the Dodgerette....although I'm not married I can't see her being too happy.......although a nice Pinot Grigio might subdue her
15/05/2008 at 18:00

Just finished assembling Mr FF's bike!!!  I had to do the brakes and everything!!!  Last time I only had to put the handles, pedals and seat on!  I'm not 100% sure its safe but the wheels go round and the brakes stop the wheels going around so I'm impressed   Just think it needs some oil in places as the chain is shiney and silver and doesn't appear to have any grease on it or anything and I have a long bit of brake cable sticking out which I think needs cutting but am to scared to start chopping things off without a second opinion....there is a keen cyclist across the way from me so think I might wait by the window and jump him when he gets home!

I have a 10k on Sunday to do so hopefully Mr FF will come along with his new bike as it is in Victoria Country Park....but I won't hold my breath on that one....besides I'm not convinced that wheel isn't going to come off.

Hope everyone is well. 

JD: Doesn't the Dodgerette help with the painting or are you one of those that likes to do it all himself as you're a bit of a perfectionist???  Can you put a dimer switch on the up lighters???

SW, VT, Buns, Elle....wherever you may be *waves*

14,381 to 14,400 of 14,647 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.