JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

kicking the alcohol habit

14,441 to 14,460 of 14,647 messages
08/06/2008 at 19:52
was just glancing at this thread - and thought it resembled chinese whispers. The lastest contributions bear no resemblance to the theme from whence it started.
08/06/2008 at 20:44
Hmmm, quite correct WD! But we all joined the thread due to alcohol related issues.  I for one, am really quite pi&&ed!
08/06/2008 at 20:49
Had a week of drinking next to nothing - but opened a bottle of wine tonight - wont crucify myself (I hope) 2morrow
08/06/2008 at 20:50
guilt like crime, someone once said to me, never pays - not sure - guilt can be a good teacher - but remember the poem 'Love bade me welcome' and which ends "who made the eyes but I"
08/06/2008 at 21:44

Far to pi&&ed to get any of that sorry Wanna Do.  I'm also not one for guilt....I'm one for promises to myself to never do something again

........sometimes I need to do that a few times before it sinks in...

Nice to meet you by the way!

09/06/2008 at 09:20

Morning wagon!

Well, it has been quiet hasn't it!

Its blazing sunshine down here and definately a day for outside work.  I've been left a huge list of things to do.

1. install new hose pipe to outside wall

2. clean car

3. mow lawn

4. clean out George the rabbit

5. clean garage door.

So its on with my shorts and halter neck and out to catch some rays.

Apologies for burbled conversation last evening....won't do it again....promise

Oooh, here's a picture of LFA with Mr FF in the lead as we're out on our new found healthy exercise routine!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/fatfyes/033.jpg

09/06/2008 at 12:52

Jobs DONE!!!

I make that lunch in the garden with a book o'clock!!!

09/06/2008 at 13:01

Hello FF,

Well done - you must be feeling v. virtuous! I'm stopping work now too - I've done all the hours I need to this week, so time 4 a relax ....ZZZZZ

*waves to anyone else around in the vain hope that there might BE someone else around - where are you all??* 

09/06/2008 at 17:12
Helloooo! I'm here, just been completely RUBBISH at posting lately. Life is good, running is going well, and I've just got a new job that I'm all excited about. Hope everyone's ok and I'll try to be around a little bit regularly from now on!   Going to run home from work tonight - hope it's not too hot out there...
09/06/2008 at 21:47

Harrumph - it was too hot...I love the summer but I hate running in it! Got awful heat rash afterwards.

*does a bit of tidying up seeing as she's neglected the wagon dreadfully of late*

10/06/2008 at 07:14

Morning Wagon!

And hello Elle - lovely to see you! What's the new job? Glad to hear that the running's going well.

Hello Wanna Do - how's it going? We're all a bit mad on here, but support each other nonetheless.

FF - hope you had a nice relax in the garden - are you getting brown?

Have got to taxi Mr PW to the Eye Hospital this morning - he's diabetic, and is having his annual tests, which involve lots of drops being put in his eyes, and hours of subsequent blurred vision.

10/06/2008 at 13:48

Speak for yourself PW! FF is as sane as the day is long and the doctor can poke his tablets

Elle!! How the devil are you?  the wagon has been very quiet of late and Bunbury and VT are confirmed as missing....as was you until today. Congrats on the new job, can't wait to hear all about it.

The relax in the garden turned out to be a shopping trip instead as I fancied something cold for tea and didn't have enough salad.....then did a 6.5 mile run with the club through some lovely countryside but it nearly killed me and I wished I hadn't cycled there!!! Still, 1.5 lbs left and I've dropped the stone I wanted to drop so its all paying off.  Mr FF managed to pi&& me off when i got home from running as it was getting on for 2000 and he was hungry!!! The jacket potato was cooked in the oven, the cold chicken and salad was in the fridge, all he had to do was heat up his potato and break off a bit of french bread....bliddin men!!!

Ex-Mr FF was diabetic and had to have those eye things too PW....pain in the ar&e....can't say I miss that much!

I was very good last night and had one glass of wine before going onto hot squash <looks all virtuous>

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine *waves*

10/06/2008 at 14:38

Little Fat Ar&e, aka LFA, cycling extraordinaire being at one with nature!

10/06/2008 at 17:28

Aawwww - bless her! Well done on losing a stone - I'm well impressed. I need to go back on a diet soon. Back is better now, went swimming on Monday and am going again tomorrow. Haven't been very good as far as staying on the wagon is concerned - where are Bunbury and SW to encourage me?

Tell us all about the new job Elle!

11/06/2008 at 15:56

Afternoon wagon!

I have the night off tonight so's I can run for my club in one of the local cross country races  I'm a bit nervous to be honest  but I might enjoy it.

PW...I'm not really following a diet as such I'm just being really careful about what I eat and making sure I eat before I'm starving and scoff the wrong things.  I also think adding the cycling (which is probably only 15-20 miles a week) has made a huge difference....and it seems to be giving my arms and abs a different work out.  I have now officially lost my 'giving up smoking' weight (which was abougt half a stone) and a bit more.  If anything I just try to make sure most of what I eat is low GI food and by attempting to get my 5 fruit and veg in a day it doesn't leave a lot of room for much else.

Elle...come on, tell us about your new job.

VT: I miss you...come back

Buns: Where be our cuddly llama?

Tele: Please update us with any girl friend news.

JD: Stop all that productivity and come back to some 'time wasting' normality will you!

11/06/2008 at 20:59

Evening!

FF - how did the race go??  And loved the pic of LFA! So are you are facebook? Add me!! I think you know my real name but if not let me know and I'll email it to you.

PW - how are you? Hope Mr PW's trip to the eye hospital went well.

New job is here - have wanted to get into more of a training/career development type role for a while now so it's perfect for me. Seems like a really good organisation...and it's about 15 minutes walk from home   Will be sad to leave my current job but it's definitely time to move onwards and upwards.

Went for a great run this morning in the early morning sunshine. I've done 3 10ks recently, including one in the torrential rain on the last bank holiday - I actually enjoyed that one the most bizarrely enough, I love running in the rain!

Am not on the wagon...but do seem to be doing ok with moderation. And have lost weight too FF! About a stone lighter and much happier for it. Having said that, am about to tuck into a lovely bag of minstrels

11/06/2008 at 21:05
FF have just figured out how to add you on FB!
11/06/2008 at 21:35

Evening!

Well I survived the run!!  I definately noticed the difference as they were all club runners and very fast....did my first mile under 8 minutes and really struggled but actually quite enjoyed it!  It was good to meet some other members of the club too!  Hundreds turned out for the run too!

Have accepted your friendship on FB elle....love your pictures...you're looking really great...the weight loss suits you!  I'm feeling really good at the moment too...my 'tight' jeans are feeling quite slack around my bottom which they are grateful for!

Am totally shattered now, but at least I've only two night shifts to do.    Lovely to see you again Elle.

11/06/2008 at 21:38
Oh, opinions please....what do you think to these sunglasses???
11/06/2008 at 21:44

FF - glad to hear you survived it, and wow - have never run a mile under 8 minutes so I'm very impressed indeed! Yay for being FB friends   Thanks for your comments on my pics - I'm very selective about what goes on there I have to say!! And it's lovely being back on here - definitely going to stick around.

Oooo and those sunglasses are fab!!

14,441 to 14,460 of 14,647 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.