JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

kicking the alcohol habit

14,561 to 14,580 of 14,647 messages
07/10/2008 at 20:15

would help pw...but bit of a pissed bird who doesn't care at the moment...having said that I ran a sub 50 10k the other week!

Have left Mr FF and have a younger fitter bloke in training

08/10/2008 at 14:50

My goodness FF - what a bombshell! Have the kids gone with you?

Well done on the sub-50 10K and also on your decision. What's the new bloke like?

08/10/2008 at 16:45

Here's an incentive. I've done two marathons, same training, same diet, same lifestyle - with one difference: second time around I stopped drinking for 3 months beforehand. I was nearly 5 kilos lighter when I finished the second than the first. Got to be connected. Boring though!

09/10/2008 at 07:22
Thanks Tim - that is quite an incentive!
12/10/2008 at 21:36

het hum....ignore that last statement...I was a bit drunk....soz

21/10/2008 at 17:58

Hello Wagon,

I'm still here. Not a good week - v. little exercise and too much red wine.

15/11/2008 at 00:49

<<cough>>

16/11/2008 at 17:12
<passes Jammie the buttercup syrup>
16/11/2008 at 17:29
Cheers
16/11/2008 at 17:58

lol! Is this a sneaky little visit JD.....

look VT and FF got together this weekend for the Hell Down South Race:

Vanilla Treefrog and Fatfyes!

How's lovely Jammie?

02/01/2009 at 09:04

Okay...so obviously my New Years resolution is to pamper my liver a little...and train for a marathon....and possibly a spring triathlon....

<dusts off the wagon and sprinkles some cookie crumbs around>

....................... come on.....they're chocolate chip.....

Happy New Year!

04/01/2009 at 08:29

Right then...Sunday 4th January...so far 3 glasses of wine this year (all last night..oops)  Up bright and breezy for a 10k Marshalls run..... weight

het hum....about 6lb heavier than the beginning of December...today I start watchin what I eat...give or take the flake bar I've just munched...energy purposes only!  I have to lose about 6-10 lb before March 1st....I'm hoping cutting out alcohol will do the trick...

This is a bit like my own little blog in here

12/01/2009 at 15:34

Hello FF,

I'd given up on the wagon altogether. I too have put on 6lb over Crimbo - oops!

What's happening on March 1st?

12/01/2009 at 15:50
I have decided no alcohol apart from my day at the Cheltenham Festival  in preparation to the FLM 09 .... although I intend to fall off with a bump on the afternoon of  Sunday 26th april
12/01/2009 at 16:28

Wooo hooo....its alive!!!

1st March...20 mile x country

15 March Fleet Half Marathon

29 March Eastleigh 10k

Got a pb of 48mins for my 10k!!

26 April Houghton Duathlon

24 October Snowdonia Marathon

Its been a tough couple of weeks....was the only way I could make myself feel better about thingss!

Hey Steve, join the wagon....we're all useless at not drinking by the way

13/01/2009 at 07:11

Hello Steve - welcome to the wagon. Good luck with your FLM training.

My goodness FF that's quite a programme! Have you done the Snowdonia Marathon before?

How are LFA and the rest of the family? ITS daughter is deciding on GCSE options in the next couple of weeks, and No. 1 Son is reactivating his Army application - Intelligence Corps

13/01/2009 at 08:15

Morning PW!

Nope, I've never even run a marathon before....but I'm hoping the pretty scenery will distract from the hills and weather and miles...besides I have a running buddy who lives in Wales who will be doing it with me....and I'm mid point talking VT into doing it with me too!  And get this.....Mr FF is coming to support me!!! OMG!  He's even suggested we make a long weekend of it and leave LFA at home!!! 

I finish my course in March and become very important...subject to passing everything!  Mr FF has had a promotion and is earning lots of money so I'm getting a new car

LFA is good...she has to have grommits put in soon....I have her doing cycling, swimming and ballet.  Bloody funny, she looks like 'Mavis' from the wind in the willows.

http://www.coolngroovystuff.com/images/magnetspics/willomavismagnet.jpg

She still eats like a horse!!!  Eldest daughter leaves school this year...she wants to do midwifery like her mummy! Eldest son leaves next year and my youngest son still hates LFA with a passion.

3lb down, 3lb to go!  Have a feeling I'll have no trouble battling the christmas bulge with all my training!

Steve...good luck with your training....I'm thinking of blogging mine....keep us up to date with how yours goes....

two glasses of wine for me last night, but think I could've done without actually....still, need to go steady with that, don't want my body going into shock!

13/01/2009 at 08:17

Wow ....look at that essay!

16/01/2009 at 17:37

Hello FF,

Lots of good news there - apart from poor LFA needing grommits. You must be very proud that your oldest daughter wants to follow in your footsteps.

I've got good news too - I heard today that I've been accepted for training for the Unitarian ministry. So by 2012, I will be Rev. PW!  Have been eating like a pig and drinking loadsa wine all week out of sheer nerves, so the diet starts on Monday!  

17/01/2009 at 18:26

Rev PW....marvelous! My friends won't believe I've got a friend who's a Rev

3.5lb down .... 2.5 to go....and then we'll see...depends on my training...my LSR goes up to 16 miles this week and my appetite has gone.....not sure what thats all about ??

14,561 to 14,580 of 14,647 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.