JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

kicking the alcohol habit

14,601 to 14,620 of 14,647 messages
25/01/2009 at 19:32
Yeah - no wine still. Doing real well. Went and did the Meltham 10k today, undulating? UNDULATING?!?! Bit of an understatement me thinks! Its enough to turn people to the lime and sodas!
30/01/2009 at 16:35

Well done misfit....RIGHT!! FF will start off February with two allocated evenings for drinking only per week!!! Yeah...that'll work!!! I'm thinking Saturday and Tuesday nights!!!

01/02/2009 at 18:17
Okey dokey...all going to plan so far...in as much as I drank last night...heavily...twas a Saturday!!  Its now 1815 on a sunday and I'm on the hot squash....and struggling....humpfffff!  I now this will get easier but Mr FF has already done a bottle and he's annoying me!
01/02/2009 at 18:51

Hi there all new to forum,

I gave up the drinking 3 years ago mainly because I felt that I was addicted and it was taking control of my life. I found it difficult, especially socially at first when at some point in the evening your mates depart the planet and take on a different persona and you kinda want to join them there.  I have been running now for two years plus and it has given the the confidence to say to myself (at the point of departure) right im off now theres better things I could be doing!

Good luck to you in your quest!!!!

01/02/2009 at 21:03
Cheers leonardo...currently I am sober as a judge and Mr FF has done two bottles of wine....and I want to stab him
02/02/2009 at 07:19

Ha Ha!! FF very proud she didn't have a dribble of vin whilst Mr FF polished off 3 bottles...and I didn't stab him or anything!

<beams with pride>

There is a foot of snow outside.....woop woop!

02/02/2009 at 17:36

Three bottles - he'll be suffering from pickled liver if he's not careful. That's a dangerous amount of wine to drink in one sitting.

Well done you!

Did you go for a run in the snow? Or would it have been a wade?  Bet LFA's loving it!

Only a couple of inches up in Northants - nothing to write home about. But was quite glad to be working from home today. Mr. PW is on a train somewhere between London and MK - no idea when he'll be home. *sigh*

02/02/2009 at 18:24

FF went for an eleven mile plod in the snow with ickle sis accompanying her on the bike as schools were closed!!!

Yes indeed, three bottles.....wasn't pretty!!!

LFA has not long come in from making snowmen in the back garden....

Are you in Milton Keynes PW? or does MK stand for something else? Whats it like?  I may have to visit Milton Keynes soon.

02/02/2009 at 21:16
11 miles in the snow or 3 bottles of wine I'm not sure whose the bigger candidate for insanity lol! Scotlands a very miserable and cold place at the moment ,so it was the treadmill for me tonight after a tough multi terrain half marathon yesterday! I hate the snow!
04/02/2009 at 07:25

Hello FF,

I'm in a village about 15 miles north-west of Milton Keynes, in between MK and Northampton. If you're up for a visit, maybe we could meet up for a coffee? 

04/02/2009 at 10:20

Okey dokey PW....not sure of details or if I need to go yet but will let you know.

Well FF is doing okayish on the alcohol front....only had one small glass of red last night, had three yesterday night and none the night before.  Back at work tonight so that'll be three nights off the plonk and I have to say my sleep has been of much better quality....but I've been a bit ratty....

...have to say thats probably because Mr FF is harder to live with when one is sober...lol!

Training going well...I've run 114 miles so far this year...go me! lol!

04/02/2009 at 17:09

Afternoon all! How's everyone doing? Am rubbish at posting at the moment despite my good intentions but am making the most of a quiet spell at work  

114 miles FF??!! That's over twice what I've done *feels very lazy* 

04/02/2009 at 18:23
118 now ...i've been troubled..what can I say...
10/02/2009 at 09:07

Hello FF,

Is there flooding around you? There's still snow on the ground here ... am praying for sunshine, so that I can get back to normal! 

10/02/2009 at 15:41

wooo hooo...managed my 18 miles yesterday in the rain and cold...today it is sunny and dry! Bloody typical.

Well all ok on the alcohol front.  Managing to stick to twice a week but am finding that it hits me a bit harder than usual and have to say I am sleeping much better now.

Snow's all gone here PW...quite a bit of flooding though but the suns out so who cares

How's everyone else?

17/02/2009 at 08:17
A whole week later and we still have some snow in our back garden, although the roads are (finally) clear ....
20/04/2009 at 12:40

cor... looks like the wagon has crashed!

My excuse is being stupidly busy at work, but this week I'm super quiet as I'm leaving on Wed and have tidied my desk and tied up loose ends and now wondering what to do! I start my new job on Mon tho, and I can see things being even more manic!

FF from the sounds of your decorating escapades on facebook you're still struggling as much as I have been! Though suprisingly I can proudly say I've just managed a whole week without any booze and feel bloody marvellous - really, after 12hrs of training last week, I didn't have the energy to stagger to the off-license. I do feel weirdly 'awake' though - tis an odd, but not displeasing feeling.

Oh, and we STILL haven't found a race for us to meet up with Elle (do you know of any short, flat, non-muddy ones... not sure they figure in your vocab tho!)

<waves to everyone and bounces off into the distance>

21/04/2009 at 17:26

Will have a think about it VT!!! I have to say, I read your post yesterday and was so motivated I spent the night on the hot squash...

............I'm now half way through a bottle of Rose.....hopeless!

22/04/2009 at 12:36

Lol well rose is more like ribenna than wine, so surely that can't count!!  ;o)

Am finishing work today and starting a new job on Mon - I feel kinda clearer heded and a bit calmer now that I've been sober for a few days, so figure that if I can avoid the ol fizzy pop for a bit longer it'll p'haps make the start of the new job a bit less daunting... am really quite nervous about it!

Am doing Alton 10 at the start of May, but that's probably a bit of a trek for you....

... will take a look to see if there are any nice 10k for us to partake in + also give Elle a prod to see if she can think of any!

29/01/2010 at 11:29

Thanks to heaven that the wagon did crash.

It gave me the opportunity to catch up and jump on......pity it's not moving.

If we could get that wagon wheel back on I think we might have a chance to get it out this ditch.

14,601 to 14,620 of 14,647 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.