Knee brace

4 messages
24/09/2002 at 07:10
I wear a strong tubigrip thing but I think I need something more...got a dull pain ache in the left side of my knee......lots of info on the web but where to buy a good brace??
Any suggesions advice gratefully received..
Karen
24/09/2002 at 11:04
I tore a load of ligaments in my knee a few years back and had to invest in a good knee brace while I recovered. I got mine - a neoprene thing with metal hinged bars down the sides - from the sweatshop - don't know if they still do them or not...

I would look into some physio and strenghtening exercises though!
24/09/2002 at 18:41
If its a dull pain only, you might be better off with doing exercises to stengthen and stretch all the upper leg muscles (both thigh musckes and hamstrings). www.sportsinjuryclinic.net has a good list of exercises, plus links to limb support suppliers. I followed a link to proline-supports.com who proved to be very helpful and quick.
04/10/2002 at 16:22
Hi,

I wear a Patella strap which provides good support. It is a thin strap under the kneecap (look at Veron for Man Utd.). They are cheap and easy to run in!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.