Knee Injury?

2 messages
25/02/2013 at 09:06

Hi all,

I'm quite new to these forums, and running in general. I started running last year and did my first 10k in October, followed by my first half marathon a couple weeks ago (generally a 10-10:30 pace). I'm following a plan of 3 runs a week (one short, one medium, one long) with the goal of running Brighton marathon in April.

I did my latest long slow run yesterday afternoon - 14 miles (at around an 11-min pace). Since then I've had a sharp, almost bruise-like pain in my left knee, every time I put weight on it when it's bent (e.g. sitting down, going up/down stairs, etc.) I applied some anti-inflammatory gel but the knee isn't sore to the touch - it's more of an internal thing. I've had some slight niggles in my knees/ankles over my past couple of longer runs, but the discomfort has never lasted once the run ends.

Does anyone know what I might have done to it!?

Thanks in advance!

25/02/2013 at 09:48

Not me sorry.  You sound to be describing something I've experienced, but that went away in a week or two.  Good luck..  hope someone else can help.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.