Knee niggle suddenly started during race...woke up with it worse.

1 message
15/10/2012 at 09:16

Sorry if this has been covered to death but thought I would just dive in and ask.

During a race yesterday, I suddenly got a niggle in my knee. It didn't really do anything, except I could feel it. I knew I had set off too fast but tried to maintain the pace and was chuffed to get a pb.

It on the outside of the kneecap, on the knoblly bone bit. It's on my left side, which is the side that never gets any problems, so know I bit concerned. When I was stretching afterwards, I had a sharp pain on the same side on the front of the leg. Is it connected? 

Anyway, just rubbed some anti-inflamatory cream on yesterday. But have woke up, so stiff, and painful just walking aound.

Got 2 big races already booked and marathon training. So need to get this fixed quickly, hopefully, without a trip to the physio (strapped for cash and with Christmas coming up)

Anyone had anything similar? Was going to ice it and rest, but is there anything else I can do that would help?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.