Knee pain - ligaments or bruise?

3 messages
22/12/2013 at 19:21

Knocked my knee on the inside of my desk last week - right in the tender bit which is usually painful. A few days later the pain is still there especially when putting weight through the heel of my foot. Could I have possibly done any further damage than simply bruising? Raced yesterday (probably not wise) but doesn't feel too much worse

23/12/2013 at 13:35

I bruised my knee a couple of months ago and continued running ok, when I completed a half marathon I think it caused a slight tear as I had more pain.  Took about three weeks to recover.  I started running again the week before last, then last week I fell off my bike at a slow speed and knocked the same knee again!  It is bruised worse this time than last due to the impact.  I am resting again and using ice and elevation. 

23/12/2013 at 13:41

Cheers Mike I am RICE'ing it as we speak, slight improvement today but not planning on running now until boxing day assuming it improves

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.