Knee Problem

Patellar tendinitis?

1 message
22/02/2004 at 11:56
Help! I'm after some advice.

I'm suffering from an ache/discomfort (rather than a pain) just below my left knee (Patellar tendon?). Started 2 weeks ago after my long slow Sunday run (15 miles). After a few days I went to the physio, who advised a week off running and lots of quad stretches etc but the problem is nothing serious.

I had a few runs during this week. The discomfort was there for a mile or so then disappears only to re-appear a few hours later and then stays for several days.

Completely rested Thursday, Friday and Saturday - discomfort gone by Friday. Went to go for a run this morning, within a few yards (50) the problem was back. I just stopped and returned home. Did not run through it.

My questions are:
Do you think my self diagnosis is right?
What sort of running lay-off am I looking at?
Is the FLM still a possible target? (Ran 18 miles last Sunday)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.