Leg / Hip pain from new shoes

Leg / Hip pain from new shoes

1 message
16/01/2013 at 07:20

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on these shoes, I purchased a pair of Nike Zoom Structure +16 a month ago. Ever since I started running in them I had serious leg pain (felt like it was inside the bone) to the extent that I almost could not climb stairs without taking the railing. I gave it a rest for a week and ran 4km with the shoes and noticed that the Fitsole 2 insoles were digging into the back of the bridges in my feet. I changed the Fitsole 2 insoles for a flat indoor sole and ran a 21km race. No pain on the day, and the leg pain has completely disappeared, but 2 days later a bit of pain in my hips which seems to have gone on day 3, I can only think it is a support issue of the new insoles.

I assume that the Fitsole's are supposed to give more support and help with the general run, so what would be the recommended path I should take with regards to the soles, or might this be that the shoe is totally wrong for me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.