London Marathon

3 messages
05/04/2013 at 21:15
Hi

I am doing the London Marathon in just over 2 weeks and have been training for 6 months and am on schedule for under 4 hours. However..
I ran my last long run on Saturday 22 miles and felt really good. I then went out on Tuesday and the left side of my shin felt stiff but could run on it. I then followed this with a short run on Thursday and it is now hurting more.
Any ideas /tips? I have had a intermittent pain when I'm running which sometimes comes on in the same area but then disappears just as quick. I had no pain on Saturday

I'm considering not running much at all in the next 2 weeks.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Simon
06/04/2013 at 09:07
thank goodness it is taper time!! Prob just reached your limits and needs time to recover ( which you have). I would rest up wouldn't test it until race day apart from a few tiny jogs if it is fine!
07/04/2013 at 23:21
Thank for the advise. I Keep icing it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.