Lower abdomen pain

what is it?

5 messages
10/10/2005 at 21:35
I have a pain in my lower abdomen - just below the waistband of my shorts, if you know what i mean.

it feels muscular, and hurts when I sit up from lying down, and seems to be aggravated when i run.

It started (I think) when I did a longish (24 miles) off road run wearing a bum bag - and the pain is where the strap went - so i assumed that was wha it was. thing is it's still there 6 weeks later (although I haven't stopped running - so could just be stopping it healing).

is there a common running injury that hurts at the front just below your hip bones?
10/10/2005 at 23:43
6 weeks!! Why haven't you seen a doctor yet??
11/10/2005 at 09:03
Cos it doesn't hurt most of the time - just feel it a bit when I run - nothing too painful, just kind of "there".

Trouble is, doctors in my experience just say "well don't go running then" - v helpful...
11/10/2005 at 13:04
I don't know about the type of injury, but IMHO I would consider not running for a bit and see what happens. If it still hurts, and nobody from here can give any specific suggestions to your satisfaction go to a Sports Doctor. Or try posting this thread again in the "Injury" section!
There is also something very general called www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist
in case something sounds familiar.
Good luck!
11/10/2005 at 13:15
Sorry, I thought I was in "General"! So you don't need to relocate your enquiry!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.