LOWER BACK INJURY

6 messages
31/12/2012 at 14:01

SINCE RUNNING THE 2012 LONDON MARATHON, I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET BACK INTO SERIOUS RUNNING OR AT THE MOMENT NO RUNNING, DUE TO SEVERE PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK AND OCCATIONALPAIN IN MY LEFT BUTTOCK, I HAVE HAD PHYSIO AND  WAS TOLD THIS IS DUE TO MY CORE BEING WEAKENED DURING MY MARATHON TRAINING,  AFTER DOING LOTS OF CORE EXCERSIZE AND SMALL RUNS, MY PROBLEMS HAVE WORSENED, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOUND ADVICE, I AM AT A LOSS AT THE MOMENT. 

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
31/12/2012 at 14:08

How's your hearing ?

31/12/2012 at 14:55

Keep up the core exercies, add in plenty of stretching, holding stretches for 60 secs minimum and go back to physio or find another physio. One thing can cause tightness, weakness or overcompensation for other muscles, you probably got a combination of little things that all add up to pain.

oh, and take your caps lock off.

Edited: 31/12/2012 at 14:55
31/12/2012 at 17:54

Thanks for your advice, I will give it a try and give stretching a go, and go back to physio, thanks once again, all the best.. 

31/12/2012 at 23:27

Buy this book. Lot's of people recomend it. Worked for me.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treat-Your-Back-Robin-McKenzie/dp/0987650408/

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
01/01/2013 at 11:57

Oh.. He's touchy as well... (But his hearing is fine so that's OK)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.