Lower back pain

Running with lower back pain

3 messages
03/02/2013 at 12:28

I have been running regularly for about 9 months with no problem in my back.

Today I moved a bookcase and had a sharp pain up through my back and a numb sensation in my lower left spine since that happened.

I have stretched and I can move around but bending over and getting down to floor level are a bit of a struggle and hurt.

I was planning on running today but don't think this is a good idea now given the pain I have in my back.

Am I wise to cancel toays run and how long do you think I should abstain from running?

03/02/2013 at 13:50

No, don't run today- a gentle walk to keep things moving, and if it does'nt settle/ gets worse- see a physio.

03/02/2013 at 13:56

Tricia - many thanks for the confirmation - I thought that was probably the best idea.  I have doen some stretching on my foam roller and have been moving around the house, this should help.  I'll see how I get on before I go back out there.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.