Lower calf muscle - always pulling

Lower calf muscle stretching help

5 messages
04/06/2012 at 08:32

Hi I am hoping for some advice, I have a cycle of lower calf muscle tightening, been to physio and it was worked out, but months later after running it gets tighter and tighter to such an extent I go for a run, do a 100 m and it pulls, i need help with good stretches, physio believed last time it was tight hamstrings where they join the gluts but struggle with knowing what stretches are for these specifically.

PSC    pirate
04/06/2012 at 09:57

are you warming up before you run - or just blasting straight out of the blocks?  Compression Socks / Calf Guards might help... something like this

04/06/2012 at 11:25

....if you can't control the amount of rolling in your leg/foot does then you'll continually overload the calf. Have a good long hard squizz at your shoes, foot type and lower limb control.

07/06/2012 at 21:42

Great thnaks, bought some compression skins for my legs, also had a debate with some other runnrs and they also think it may actually be my achilles and suggested achilles stretches as well. Thanks again will give it a whirl and let you know.

22/11/2012 at 13:26

I've got same problem.

Has anything worked?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.