Lower leg pains (again...)

1 message
19/03/2013 at 19:27

Hi there, 

Having a little trouble finding out the relevant info on the net. When do shin splints tend to occur? I.e. do they mostly cause pain during a run or do they tend to be painful afterwards during the next few days.

Background is that I've been running ~20miles a week since about Christmas after bulding up before that in preperation for a half marathon in April. All was going fine until last week when the day after a run my shins hurt when walking (though not when resting). After a couple of days the pain subsided so I went on another run and all was fine during it. However since then my right shin has been in pain when walking (been 5 days nows, fine when sitting/standing). My pain feels like the description of shin splints but should it still be hurting now if it is?

Cheers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.