Lower pack pain after running

Pain in lower back since having operation.

1 message
03/06/2014 at 14:50

Hi Guys and Girls,

I've been running for about 4 years now, and in 2013 I was at my fittest and fastest.

However, I then ended up in Hospital in May 2013 for an emergency Laparotomy, 2 months later I was running again, building my strength back up and was doing great!

Unfortunately, in September 2013 I went back into hospital for a second emergency Laparotomy. 7 months went by and I decided that I was fit enough to get back into running.

Started small with a few 10k's and started working up, however, I started to notice my lower back was aching after running, and eventually got so bad I couldn't walk or bend. Moving in general was agony. So I stopped running for a few weeks, saw an osteopath and the pain subsided and eventually disappeared. I tried to go for another run, got 8 miles in and the pain came back suddenly this time and I had to stop again.

I've put running aside for a few weeks now, and I've been doing other forms of exercise, circuit training, plyometric drills and such but after a week of these I've noticed the back pain has come back. It seems that I cannot do any exercise without this pain occurring.

I don't want to have to stop exercising as I enjoy it, but the pain is sometimes seriously unbearable.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has experienced anything similar? and if they know what I could do to stop this pain from occurring?

Any light shed on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chris

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.