LSRs or interval for weight loss?

3 messages
14/08/2012 at 15:50

I'm interested to know whether losing weight through running is primarily due to lsrs, to speedwork/interval training, or to the combination of both? I've been running 4-5 times weekly, 25-30 miles per week, for 2 years now. I go for one lsr, one tempo/interval and two easy runs per week. My main goals are enjoyment, relaxation and fitness, I'm not into racing. I initially got into running to lose weight and quickly reached my target weight (60k, I'm 5"6"), and have maintained this. I'd just like to know why that happened, because I have friends who want to start running in order to lose weight. I normally feel a lot hungrier after lsrs so wondered if they are primarily responsible for weight loss? 

14/08/2012 at 15:59

LSRs burn calories, intervals speed metabolism. The combination of both that you adopted is a good idea.

14/08/2012 at 16:32

From my experience, losing weight through running just doesn't happen. LSRs, intervals, whatever, the only way I lose weight is a combination of exercise AND a strict diet.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.