MAD HEART! No Sleep

Heart doing strange things - any ideas or similar experiences amyone, please?

8 messages
22/11/2012 at 10:04

After a fast run, my heart beats very strongly often for about 36 hours, sometimes longer.  I don't think it is beating very fast (except initially of course) and my resting heart rate while this is happening s only about 45 to 50 bpm.  However, it is a little uncomfortable and stops me sleeping properly.  It only really calms down when I don't run at all for a week or more.  I only run twice/three times a week, 4-6 miles so can't be overtraining!  Am generally fit (I think!) and do other sports. What's going on??!!

cougie    pirate
22/11/2012 at 10:29
I'm quite keen on my heart beating strongly.

Is it any different to normal though ? Are you just more aware of it - especially at night with no noise or other distractions ?

Other than that - see a doctor and put your mind at rest ?
22/11/2012 at 11:51

See a DOCTOR!

22/11/2012 at 11:57
RicF wrote (see)

See a DOCTOR!

See a doctor, could be nothing but get a doctor to tell you that

26/11/2012 at 18:43

Something going on with your heart???  Don't come to a running forum, see your doctor as soon as possible!

Bit of advice: If you want medical advice, don't look on the internet.  Most of it will be wrong, and some of it will just outright scare you.

26/11/2012 at 19:15

Like, See a DOCTOR!

26/11/2012 at 19:28
The NHS has enough to be doing They've lasted a week, they'll be fine
26/11/2012 at 19:38

Yes, thank you everyone - the doctor bit had occurred to me..! .I was actually looking more for anyone with similar experiences. A little browse in previous forums has shown it's not an unusual problem, so am somewhat comforted. Would still be interested to know reasons and implications though...Can this happen when you overtrain?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.