Manchester Sports massuer

any recommendations????

9 messages
17/06/2008 at 19:39

Helllo all,

Been suffering various injuries just lately and have decided to include a regular sports massage into my training schedule, just wondered if anyone could recommend any good ones in the Manchester area, have tried a couple of places up to now but still not sure if I would go back to them, need to find one I could have faith in and stick to them.

Thanks

Farnie    pirate
17/06/2008 at 19:40

N or S whereabouts?

I would whole heartedly recommend Harris and Ross after another runner on RW Forum recommended them to me.

17/06/2008 at 21:03

Hi fanieflaps

Thanks for the reply, I live in the south Manchester area, just had a look at the H&R website, which clinic did you go to and who did you see, what's the cost etc......... been going to Sportsmed in Stockport for a massage it's alright but it's a trainee that does it and sometimes you wonder. I would like to try out a few more and then make a choice.

Thanks

17/06/2008 at 21:11
There was a Kiwi woman based at Harris &Ross at Total Fitness in Alty and Wilmslow who works with Sale Sharks and ManUre - she was going to work with TeamNZ for the Americas Cup when i last saw her last year but she should be back now - really knows her stuff as a properly qualified Sports Massage graduate bod
Farnie    pirate
17/06/2008 at 21:33

I go to the clinics at TF Wilmslow and Altrincham.

I couldn't say enough nice things about them, 

Farnie    pirate
17/06/2008 at 21:34
Last time I was there I got to perv at a few Sale Sharks
17/06/2008 at 21:58
perv!
17/06/2008 at 23:41

Thanks, don't think getting the chance to perv at some hairy rugby players is a good selling point to me!!! and I agree with Buney PERV, you ought to be ashamed taking advantage of some poor blokes who have injured themselves

What treatment did you have Farnieflaps was it a massage? 

Farnie    pirate
18/06/2008 at 07:55

I have had my piriformis pummelled so much I actually swore really loudly, much to the amusement of the physio staff who could hear me outside the treatment room. 

I remember shouting "I want my mum!" as well at one point. 

I have has lots of problems with it from numbness in my foot, sciatica, once its seized so badly I was bent double and couldn't straighten up.  All stems from a weak core and hip.  I always found that as they treated (proper) sports people, their main priority was to get you back up and running quickly and I never felt (like I had previously with some physios) that they were getting me back to gain more money from me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.