Maternity support belts

Running with a bump

4 messages
05/01/2013 at 19:06

Hi, i am 23 weeks pregnant and want to continue running as far through my pregnancy as my body will allow.  Can anyone recommend a good support belt?  At the moment i feel twinges in my lower stomach muscles for the first mile or two, but it wears off if I keep going. I have looked online at the belts and the Nexcare one seems to be the popular choice but looks scarily bulky, can it really work with Lycra running gear?!

09/01/2013 at 11:07

I'm 6 months and my boyfriend recently bought me a top and leggings from this site www.fittamamma.com for Christmas.
I was going to get a bump band but my sister advised me against it- she said hers was a nightmare and kept moving all over the place.
The clothes that I got from fittamamma have support built into them so I think they'll be great when my bump gets a bit bigger. Hope this helps!

09/01/2013 at 16:20

My friend's midwife kitted her out with an enormous tubigrip...might be worth considering!

31/01/2013 at 19:40

I agree with Run2Mum - I have the capris and a top from www.fittamamma.com and they are an absolute godsend!  I think I will keep wearing them even after little one arrives

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.