LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:33

Have you never heard "floof" before HC?

11/05/2011 at 18:38
Nope, made my day
LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:42

My kids call it their "Mary"

Which caused all sorts of problems when youngest Miss LB was cast as Mary in the Christmas play.....

And even worse when she announced at school aged 6 "My mum is going to get her Mary looked at by a man today who is not my dad"

I was seeing the gynaecologist.

11/05/2011 at 18:45

My mothers name is Mary

LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:48
Your Gran and Grandad named your mum after a VAGINA?
LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:48

My dad's middle name is Isaac. He always said it was a good job his surname wasn't Hunt.

Think about it.

11/05/2011 at 18:51

Yup, my mums a Vagina

That would have been unfortunate indeed for your dad, especially with a scouse accent

11/05/2011 at 18:53
I did  meet a Mike Hunt once
LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:57
NO????
LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/05/2011 at 18:58

S'ok HC - Your mum might be a vagina.

My dad's an arse.

11/05/2011 at 19:24

Glad that is over and done for you, LB, and glad there is nothing wrong 'down there'. I LOLed at 'floof' too and I have heard many things over the year!

Bridget, I'm afraid that I don't remember enough about your situation to comment. Feel free to speak to me off-line if you would rather.

11/05/2011 at 21:44
Essentially the situation is I'm on Depot and have no periods.  Hormones checked last June and were raised.  GP said to repeat in 1 year and if still raised then I'd be ok to stop Depot a year after that.  I'm wondering what the chance is of ending up having any bleeding once Depot stops or should I have got through that phase?
11/05/2011 at 23:20

LB the good old transvaginal scan

My last smear was done by a nurse who is also a mum I know from school and I used to serve at the library

lol LB at Isaac and Mary, we have fannies and willies at home

18/02/2012 at 22:11

BOING!

Hot flushes are back and I haven't had a period since November. Off to see the Doctor on Friday to find out what's going on.

Symptoms seem a bit worse this time round and I'm noticing I'm becoming more forgetful. It's a weird sort of forgetfulness though. It's not that I've forgotten to do things, it's that I've forgotten I *have* done them. Odd!

04/03/2012 at 08:47

Ladies

Looking for some help with this one!  I was 51 in October and have been "regular" as clockwork for many years.  No pill for me as it caused horrendous problems with PMT.  No hot flushes but had a period last week, finished for a couple of days and then got menstrual cramps with a lighter "show".  Does this mean that it's started?  Also, if I started to take something like Menopace would it lessen the impact of flushes etc when they start?

Many thanks

04/03/2012 at 15:08

Hi trigger2

Don't know much about Menopace, I'm afraid. I'm due back at the doctors in a week or so to find out the result of my blood test so I might be able to give you some info then. There is a test you can get from Pharmacies that can tell you if you've got low hormone levels or you could see your Doctor who can do blood tests.

Good luck

04/03/2012 at 16:15
Thanks Little Nemo.  Good luck at the doctors - may make an appointment myself just to get checked out - my self esteem is at rock bottom at the moment no matter what I do to try and improve things.
14/03/2012 at 11:18

Hi trigger2, how's it going?

I've got an appointment on Friday to find out the result of my blood tests. Still having hot flushes and I was in the most awful mood Sunday-Tuesday. Depressed, feeling sorry for myself and tetchy like really bad PMT which I haven't had in ages. I hate being in this sort of mood because there's nothing I can do to get rid of it, it seems like I just have to wait until it goes of its own accord. So I think if I am menopausal I'll definitely be giving HRT a go!

I had a quick look in the chemists at Menopace and it seems to have soy as its main active ingredient. I presume this is because it's a natural source of oestrogen which is what HRT gives you. However I don't think it has a large amount as you can take it with HRT.

Edited for bad grammar

Edited: 14/03/2012 at 11:19
14/03/2012 at 14:41
Hi Nemo - haven't done anything about it except start to take a supplement (similar to Menopace) from Healthspan.  Had a couple of night sweats recently and self esteem is rock bottom.  Am on Easter holidays in a couple of weeks and am going to ring up to see if they have a Wellwoman clinic or something similar that I can go and get this checked out at.  Am on the verge of tears even when typing this - for no good reason!  Hope all goes well with you on Friday.  I can really empathise with the PMT issue - it almost cost me my marriage before I discovered Agnus Castus which turned things around for me.
61 to 80 of 94 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.