Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,201 to 2,220 of 6,031 messages
31/08/2012 at 22:07
Well, our most seriously damaged cat has been with us over 5 years. We've discovered his back and tail were broken and not treated. He has arthritis and gets very distressed at times (and urinates or destroys). He attacks dustbins and climbs through windows and cat flaps if he thinks there is food. It's a reminder of the time he lived on the streets and had to fend for himself. Yet this apparently broken, and difficult to rehome cat is a lovely animal. He snuggles up to us, is so gentle with the children and will follow me if I visit neighbours. He waits by the door for me, calling until i reappear. Oh, and if anyone is poorly he has to stay with them.
31/08/2012 at 22:09

Tell me about it, Mr P! 
It's already been three months since Big Dog died. Still miss her  

31/08/2012 at 22:13

I am actually very surprised that Bear isn't more food obsessed (unless he happens on the odd abandoned pork pie, he'll leave food until he's given permission to eat it), bearing in mind he was starved to the point of death. 
He is, however, tennis ball obessed, instead. And it has to be an out-sized, squeaky one too = expensive habit

04/09/2012 at 08:02

Morning all. How is everyone? Can I some updates please? I dislike the recent quietness of our forum.

Peace and love,

Ben

04/09/2012 at 10:46
I don't like our forum being quiet either, I'm missing you guys
I'm not very well and its making me a bit withdrawn. I have an emergency meeting with the psychiatrist this week ... the CPN wants us to change the anti psychotics cos they don't seem to be controlling the hallucinations very well at the moment. I am hoping I have just pushed too hard lately and we don't have to mess with meds.
I'm not getting here every day with things being so crazy (things or me depending on your view point) I like it when you've all been chatting still, tis really nice to catch up in the lucid bits ... and Frodo's bear is as beautiful as ever ( to the odd pie comment)
A belated hello to our newcomer, keep posting
04/09/2012 at 12:09

This bear can tend to snaffle bits of pork pie left around too

04/09/2012 at 12:16
04/09/2012 at 14:34

Hi all. hope your well still lurking.

04/09/2012 at 17:13

It's not usually this quiet, Rich

05/09/2012 at 11:28

Hi guys hope you are doing well.

Am feeling good in myself. Think I have finally managed to leave some things behind me.

05/09/2012 at 11:49
I am still here. Just been very very busy with the end of school holidays. Will post when things calm down
09/09/2012 at 21:28
Helloooooooo? Anyone home????
09/09/2012 at 21:47
Hello
I'm here
09/09/2012 at 21:51

Evening all  

09/09/2012 at 21:59
Hi SOLB, hi frodo.
Frodo, I met up with chilibean and her family yesterday. She was telling me about your iron man. Huge kudos to you!
SOLB, how are you hun?
09/09/2012 at 22:04

Aw, Chilibean's girls are adorable - I'm afraid I wasn't at my best the weekend of Outlaw, so probably didn't come across too well when I met her 

09/09/2012 at 22:11
They are lovely girls. Her daughters played beautifully with my 2 kids. Oh, and she said what shocking conditions you had to ride in and just how worried you and tom were.
09/09/2012 at 22:15

It was pretty horrible - awful wind. I gave her an hour window I hoped to finish in 6.30-7.30 hours, but I came in at the very last minute I could of that and she had been waiting for me ages    

Anyway - how are you both? 

09/09/2012 at 22:19
I think you are awesome and brave Frodo

Frodo you are absolutely lovely so that's the only way you can come across!

I'm ok by eck. I went to a family wedding yesterday and genuinely did have loads of fun dancing. I went for a run yesterday too.

I have been given two weeks by the psychiatrist to sort stuff out before we up or change the meds. The hallucinations are getting no better (or worse) but he thinks there's evidence of delusions too. The psychiatrist doesn't feel exercise and routine are likely to help but has kindly allowed me the opportunity to try.

I can't up the Quetiapine anymore cos I can't fight through the anti-psychotic haze any higher (we've tried before) and I'm afraid I'll have to learn how to function through it all over again with new meds and it took about 8 months when I did it with the quetiapine. Whatever will be will be but I'm throwing everything I have at running and getting a solid routine for the next two weeks. Am not going to disappear into zombieism without a fight!

How are you all?
09/09/2012 at 22:24

How is the OCD management/therapy going, SOLB? Or is that taking a back seat at the moment?
The routine sounds good and positive, in the meantime, have one of these (((SOLB))

I'm OK at the moment - back in full time work, so let's see how I'm doing in six weeks time 

Speaking of which, bedtime for me shortly - up early to cycle in    

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.