Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,241 to 2,260 of 6,062 messages
05/09/2012 at 11:49
I am still here. Just been very very busy with the end of school holidays. Will post when things calm down
09/09/2012 at 21:28
Helloooooooo? Anyone home????
09/09/2012 at 21:47
Hello
I'm here
09/09/2012 at 21:51

Evening all  

09/09/2012 at 21:59
Hi SOLB, hi frodo.
Frodo, I met up with chilibean and her family yesterday. She was telling me about your iron man. Huge kudos to you!
SOLB, how are you hun?
09/09/2012 at 22:04

Aw, Chilibean's girls are adorable - I'm afraid I wasn't at my best the weekend of Outlaw, so probably didn't come across too well when I met her 

09/09/2012 at 22:11
They are lovely girls. Her daughters played beautifully with my 2 kids. Oh, and she said what shocking conditions you had to ride in and just how worried you and tom were.
09/09/2012 at 22:15

It was pretty horrible - awful wind. I gave her an hour window I hoped to finish in 6.30-7.30 hours, but I came in at the very last minute I could of that and she had been waiting for me ages    

Anyway - how are you both? 

09/09/2012 at 22:19
I think you are awesome and brave Frodo

Frodo you are absolutely lovely so that's the only way you can come across!

I'm ok by eck. I went to a family wedding yesterday and genuinely did have loads of fun dancing. I went for a run yesterday too.

I have been given two weeks by the psychiatrist to sort stuff out before we up or change the meds. The hallucinations are getting no better (or worse) but he thinks there's evidence of delusions too. The psychiatrist doesn't feel exercise and routine are likely to help but has kindly allowed me the opportunity to try.

I can't up the Quetiapine anymore cos I can't fight through the anti-psychotic haze any higher (we've tried before) and I'm afraid I'll have to learn how to function through it all over again with new meds and it took about 8 months when I did it with the quetiapine. Whatever will be will be but I'm throwing everything I have at running and getting a solid routine for the next two weeks. Am not going to disappear into zombieism without a fight!

How are you all?
09/09/2012 at 22:24

How is the OCD management/therapy going, SOLB? Or is that taking a back seat at the moment?
The routine sounds good and positive, in the meantime, have one of these (((SOLB))

I'm OK at the moment - back in full time work, so let's see how I'm doing in six weeks time 

Speaking of which, bedtime for me shortly - up early to cycle in    

09/09/2012 at 22:37
The OCD therapy is going well ... annoyingly the list of safe foods shrank to nothing a few weeks ago so we are having to do that one first even though it is really big and we just wanted to do little stuff. I still feel very, very distressed but I'm eating again ... once its stable enough to get us out of crisis management we will drop it half done and get on with the plan. It's hard but I am starting to challenge stuff. I opened the door leaving the hotel this morning with my hand instead of my sleeve
09/09/2012 at 22:38
Good luck Frodo...with the cycle and the work
09/09/2012 at 22:38
The OCD therapy is going well ... annoyingly the list of safe foods shrank to nothing a few weeks ago so we are having to do that one first even though it is really big and we just wanted to do little stuff. I still feel very, very distressed but I'm eating again ... once its stable enough to get us out of crisis management we will drop it half done and get on with the plan. It's hard but I am starting to challenge stuff. I opened the door leaving the hotel this morning with my hand instead of my sleeve
10/09/2012 at 11:58
Had a really positive therapy session today, told Vicky how happy I'd felt getting drunk on dancing (and bottled water!) and she said its cos its like running for me. Freedom and movement just make me happy living in the moment. She was right I hadn't thought of it like that, glad I'm having a back to fit fortnight instead of seeing it as a chore to try to avoid extra meds

I'm tempted to cycle to the gym but I think that's over exuberance and I should stick to the plan, run today and cycle to the gym tomorrow.

I also got to tell Vicky about going to the Natural History Museum with SOLBsis and the mini's and how much I loved exploring through SOLBsismini's eyes. I nicked a cuddle from a lovely forumite who works there too

So nice to have had a positive, easy session and to be feeling positive about the stuff I have to do anyway!

Oh but I NEED cake now *pacmans off to the shop to buy ingredients for cake*
11/09/2012 at 00:59
Night all
11/09/2012 at 19:27

Hello SOLB & chums.

When the thread is quiet, I get a chance to catch up but I am hoping that the quietness is a good thing, peace and relief from personal demons.

It is good to see that new peeps still keep dropping in, and being welcomed.

Take care everyone.

11/09/2012 at 21:04

Well I went back to work today, for a half day.  It went well I think but since I've got home I've had several major wobbles, been being sick and shivering, and just been crying now. I keep telling myself to keep pushing but there's got to be a limit to how far you go with that

11/09/2012 at 21:45

Hope everyone else is ok. Hugs to all who need them

12/09/2012 at 13:24

ugh. just ugh. I need to have my tonsils out. Doubt they'll do it though.

13/09/2012 at 12:57

Hope things are good for people. Positive vibes to all.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.