Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,261 to 2,280 of 6,029 messages
02/10/2012 at 13:02
D'you want some homemade cherry jam? You can do the washing and cleaning when it's dark or raining.
02/10/2012 at 13:09

Can't dry the washing though, no tumble dryer and the damp house doesn't need any added dampening ... but I still think sport is much more important, been so long while  I haven't been me enough to care. I think the chance to have a smile and feel better is worth it, (and I've done most of it anyway.) Last push to do. I may even go a bit old skool and feed a launderette dryier an armful of 20ps (I have already done all the sports kit so nothing would get ruined except my bank balance!) 

02/10/2012 at 13:34

RIght excuses all used up, bags packed, kits on....I'd better go and hop on my bike *wibbles* 

See you all in a few hours, hopefully!  

02/10/2012 at 13:49
Good luck SOLB! See you when you get back
02/10/2012 at 14:40
At the gym now, didn't get lost but did forget my helmet (no idea how) still that's my first 8 miles done, just need to get brave enough to go into the gym now. Feeling better already
02/10/2012 at 14:45
You will be fine SOLB. I am rooting for you
02/10/2012 at 15:01

Go SOLB go! *waves pom-poms*

I had porridge for breakfast this morning, easily the best thing I've done all day. Mainly because I've done nothing else and the porridge was awesome.

02/10/2012 at 16:14

RIght excuses all used up, bags packed, kits on....I'd better go and hop on my bike *wibbles* 

See you all in a few hours, hopefully!  

02/10/2012 at 16:22

weirdy double post. 

Thank you for the good vibes and pom pom waving, you guys are awesome, I'm home yay. Trip one of cycle to the gym slob solb went really well, gym was almost empty (though I didn't do much when I got there) 

I realised I'm an idiot, it's impossible to get lost, most of the way is route 24 on the National Cycle Network ... duh! I am hungry now, porridge seems a long time ago, got any awesome porridge left Ben-o? You made me laugh with your post  

Oh and I overtook my first lycra clad bloke on his expensive bike today I didn't really want to overtake him cos then I knew I'd be pushing myself really hard until I disappeared from his view .. but I did, and I did! 

I might get out of bed before lunchtime tomorrow too!! 

I'm popping over to see my parents and spotty tonight, cos I haven't really spoken to my family in a couple of months either and it's nice to be back. Plus I have a present for MummySOLB  

02/10/2012 at 16:35
huge hugs SOLB. I am running tonight
02/10/2012 at 16:36

can virtual solb have a piggy back? 

02/10/2012 at 19:16

Climb on board lovely

02/10/2012 at 23:03
I don't care what ocd says *takes sleeping tablet and falls into bed*

I had more spotty dog cuddles than I know what to do with so I bought these back for you guys *puts down a huge heap of spotty (and solby) hugs.*

Night all xxxx
03/10/2012 at 13:20
Picks up a spotty and SOLBy cuddle, tries it on for size and finds it fits perfectly
03/10/2012 at 19:11

Howdy all  

*hugs by eck*

I'm still feeling pretty positive, was tired out and pathetic this morning but I feel loads better for having been for a run.

I might have to confess it was more of a jog than a run, with minute miles even a sloth would be ashamed to own up to, but I managed 2 miles without having to stop which is the longest the asthma has shut up for. I feel pretty confident that I can get back to running properly if I persevere now  

No weirdy psychosis stuff at all today either  

03/10/2012 at 19:44

Good pacing then

03/10/2012 at 21:58
I like your thinking bear Did you get to the gym in the end?
How's the tapir madness by eck
Duck are you feeling better?
Frodo any progress on your happier work plan?
I'd better stop doing this I feel like a mother hen counting in her chicks ... but I'm worried my mind is still a bit naughty and I'll miss someone out by mistake so don't want to ask everyone individually.

How are you all?
03/10/2012 at 22:19
Not really doing a taper but I didn't run tonight. It tipped it down
03/10/2012 at 22:30

My arm is still sore from Monday so I decided to leave it for now. Got counselling tomorrow so may not make it, but I did get to the shops today

03/10/2012 at 22:30
I love running in the rain but even I thought twice when I saw the size of the raindrops tonight. It must be quite nice knowing the hard work is behind you
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.