Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,281 to 2,300 of 6,031 messages
03/10/2012 at 22:32
Counselling is more important and if can be weirdly draining. I think you are doing brilliantly bear, even though it doesn't always feel like it
03/10/2012 at 22:34

It certainly doesn't - got two weeks until CMHT, feel like I'm marking time for now. Trying not to have too many nothing days

03/10/2012 at 23:04
It's ok if you are just marking time til then darling. You are allowed to need help sometimes. I think its really positive that you are trying not to have empty days ... that is fighting darling. I think you have a lot to be proud of!
03/10/2012 at 23:28

Thank you SOLB, you are truly wonderful

03/10/2012 at 23:38
04/10/2012 at 15:28

hello all...

It's been a while since I've been well enough in the brain department to post in here, so I thought I'd give it a go today.

after a bit of a wobble with the anxiety attack last week I am being a good girl, taking the meds, stopped drinking, I have a lovely chap in my life and I'm waiting to see the counsellor. It has been a bit of a crap year so far...so I'm hoping it goes better from here on. Thank you to all of you who have been lovely and supportive. Means a lot to me. xxx

04/10/2012 at 23:59

Hey duck  Sounds like you have a plan for a happier end to the year pretty duck. I'm glad. *waves to lovely chap* hope he keeps you 'entertained' til the counsellor can help! 

I've had a weird day, met a lovely friend for tea which is the first social thing I've done since the episode got a bit nasty. Was lovely to see her and she was wonderful as usual but the 'voices' were distracting me a bit and I felt a bit boring. 

Having one of those days when you think everything you've said and done is shameful. I feel a bit grotesque. 

On the plus side I have done as much as I can to do the right thing, I'm so so glad I saw my lovely friend. OCD let me drink tea and stuff so that's really great.

I went to the gym ... took me 90 minutes to be brave enough to get out of the car but I made it with some texted help. I'm so glad I did it. I know I'd feel more disgusting and hateful if I hadn't gone in.

I'm really glad it's bedtime though cos I feel pretty awful tonight...I have the CPN tomorrow, I don't want to go. 

05/10/2012 at 14:42
Just been to see the CPN she was absolutely lovely. I'd forgotten how truly nice she is ... I'd made a bit of an ogre in my mind.

I ran this morning but just a short one I didn't have much time but ran cos the voices were really bad and I needed them to shut up - running is still the only thing that'll do that. I think I'll have a proper run tonight regardless of whether they put in another appearance or not. (I'm not worried I just pushed a bit too hard too soon yesterday)

For now I'm off to the knitting shop to buy needles with string on cos I want to learn how to knit in the round ... might be too hard considering I've only just learned to knit but worth a try and I can always practice some more and come back to it if needed .... rock and roll me I quite liked learning to knit, was quite therapuetic and just the right sort of methodical distraction ... plus I love getting to make people 'stuff'
05/10/2012 at 14:51

I'm glad you're CPN was lovely SOLB. Knitting is actually an therapeutic intervention. Well done on the running SOLB, I will go for a run tonight. I will, I'm not just saying it this time, I'm actually going to go. I promise.

Hello Mima, I'm glad you said hello. It's good that you're taking care of yourself a bit more.

How are you By Eck?

05/10/2012 at 19:28
Sooooo did you run Ben-o?
I've just returned from a really soggy 2.5 miles, my breathing was magically completely fine and my pace felt a lot better. I think asthma is staying in in front of the fire now autumn is here

Mental health wise I'm still finding it hard going. Was so spaced out today it took 3 hours before I could drive home and even then it was pretty borderline as to whether it was a good idea. I'm not driving til its less powerful, was unbelievably hard concentrating for the 40 mins it took to get home. I turned the ignition off and promptly burst into tears and started shaking ... on the plus side it meant I didn't notice the cold shiver so much when I started running!

I felt a million times better out running but it disappeared as soon as I stopped and it feels a bit dark again. That said still no voices, I'll forever be grateful and amazed that the feckers can't run
05/10/2012 at 20:43

I did run and it was ok. I need to make myself go regularly.

I'm glad your run went well SOLB. Why do you think the voices go away when you run?

05/10/2012 at 21:09
SOLB wrote (see)

Frodo any progress on your happier work plan?

Hello lovely lady *waves* and lovely thread people, too  

I'm OK - busy, but feeling good. However, Saturday work begins again tomorrow and that can always bring me down. 

The Big Plan is still in progress. Will update as soon as I realistically can 

Well done and ((hugs)) to everyone - you are all great. 

05/10/2012 at 21:21
Wooo Ben-o. You've achieved everything you set out to do today. 'Regularly' has no end how do you know when you've achieved it? It's like you can't win but can only ever fail when at some point in the future you miss some sessions. I'm going to stop preaching and be pleased for you now!

Ooo Frodo hello darling *enthusiastically hugs Frodo* aww sucks to Saturday working. Will send you virtual hob knobs and tea every couple of hours tomorrow

Wooo glad the secret plan is still on track ... that's all I needed to know oh and how Benny is of course!
05/10/2012 at 22:13

Well done all you runners

I did a five mile walk in the rain - got back absolutely drenched and having checked out where the CMHT building was after a long search

05/10/2012 at 22:23

Oo well done Bear that's fab ... especially as I know you had to push so hard to get out today. Really pleased for you. Good idea about checking out where the CMHT is but more importantly, did you buy cake on the way home? 

05/10/2012 at 22:27

Didn't pass a cake shop

Still I have an IOU for cake

05/10/2012 at 22:30

ha ha ha OK sounds reasonable, poor Bear, poor neglected cake

05/10/2012 at 23:14

Everyone needs cake.

I haven't achieved everything SOLB, believe me. And regularly is three times a week.

Well done for finding the CMHT Bear and walking in the rain.

05/10/2012 at 23:23

Now you come to mention it, I don't have any cake either

Fair enough Ben-o, hope you make your three in the coming week THEN I can do the little party smiley? Yes?

Hope you're OK Ben-o (((Ben-o)))

I feel really sad tonight, I feel like I have ENORMOUS hurt eyes, I think I'm a cartoon Bambi version of myself!!

05/10/2012 at 23:32

Don't be sad lovely SOLB, I got some virtual cake *offers slice*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.