Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,281 to 2,300 of 6,055 messages
25/09/2012 at 18:50
Sometimes these things happen when our brains have started to feel a bit better. When the depression is at its worst the body goes.into basic survival mode and when we start to feel a bit stronger it then has the ability to deal with stuff (often in physical ways)
29/09/2012 at 22:28

Hope people are well and finding a way through things.

Havent posted recently but I have been exercising regularly, and this thread has played a big part in helping with that. So thank you, and hope things are getting better for people.

Edited: 29/09/2012 at 22:34
01/10/2012 at 20:22

Aww duck that sounds horrible, how are you doing now darling? 

I'm back now I think I might still be a little quiet but I am feeling much better and talking isn't costing me so much. I think the episode has burned out (though I missed therapy this morning, no idea what I was doing was having another absence.) 

So relieved to be feeling more like myself, have missed you all loads  

01/10/2012 at 20:28
Hey SOLB, it's been quiet
Now starting to think about my taper
01/10/2012 at 20:45

Woo hoo it's the 21st isn't it? So glad you managed to pull yourself back on track darling I know it was pretty tough at times. 

*sings and bangs a pan with a wooden spoon*  

01/10/2012 at 20:52
I did 17 miles for my lsr this week, and 14 the week before. I've had a dodgy back that miraculously got better. I just want to get round. Honestly, it's knowing that i'll be meeting friends that makes going worthwhile, and having friends here cheering that makes the training survivable
01/10/2012 at 21:29

We'll be mega cheering! 
I was thinking I might come up to support if I'm well enough and you fancy some extra pom pom wavers  

01/10/2012 at 21:43
Of course apparently my t-shirt is going to have my forum name on it
01/10/2012 at 21:52

wooo hooo I'll add it to the diary and pop over if I'm well enough  

02/10/2012 at 12:57

Oopsie, I took a sleeping tablet last night cos my body had forgotten how to sleep, it worked a bit too well. I've only just woken up 12 hours later  

I am planning to forage for breakfast then cycle to the gym. It'd be good if I could do some boring practical things first like doing a load of laundry while it's sunny but I don't want to put off going cos my motivation is a bit wobbly -  I'm scared I'll get lost, have never cycled this way, that I'm not fit enough and that the gym is too big and scary at the other end.  Truthfully though it's one of those JFDI things, I will never find out that I didn't get lost, that it wasn't too far to cycle and that the gym is just a gym and not scary if I don't go...sorry laundry, once I've got the first trip out the way I'll work on my little miss domestic routine promise. (I need to mould got into the wardrobe and chest of drawers in the damp damp house) 

OK breakfast time tea anyone? Or porridge? I'm putting apple and blackberry on today  

02/10/2012 at 13:02
D'you want some homemade cherry jam? You can do the washing and cleaning when it's dark or raining.
02/10/2012 at 13:09

Can't dry the washing though, no tumble dryer and the damp house doesn't need any added dampening ... but I still think sport is much more important, been so long while  I haven't been me enough to care. I think the chance to have a smile and feel better is worth it, (and I've done most of it anyway.) Last push to do. I may even go a bit old skool and feed a launderette dryier an armful of 20ps (I have already done all the sports kit so nothing would get ruined except my bank balance!) 

02/10/2012 at 13:34

RIght excuses all used up, bags packed, kits on....I'd better go and hop on my bike *wibbles* 

See you all in a few hours, hopefully!  

02/10/2012 at 13:49
Good luck SOLB! See you when you get back
02/10/2012 at 14:40
At the gym now, didn't get lost but did forget my helmet (no idea how) still that's my first 8 miles done, just need to get brave enough to go into the gym now. Feeling better already
02/10/2012 at 14:45
You will be fine SOLB. I am rooting for you
02/10/2012 at 15:01

Go SOLB go! *waves pom-poms*

I had porridge for breakfast this morning, easily the best thing I've done all day. Mainly because I've done nothing else and the porridge was awesome.

02/10/2012 at 16:14

RIght excuses all used up, bags packed, kits on....I'd better go and hop on my bike *wibbles* 

See you all in a few hours, hopefully!  

02/10/2012 at 16:22

weirdy double post. 

Thank you for the good vibes and pom pom waving, you guys are awesome, I'm home yay. Trip one of cycle to the gym slob solb went really well, gym was almost empty (though I didn't do much when I got there) 

I realised I'm an idiot, it's impossible to get lost, most of the way is route 24 on the National Cycle Network ... duh! I am hungry now, porridge seems a long time ago, got any awesome porridge left Ben-o? You made me laugh with your post  

Oh and I overtook my first lycra clad bloke on his expensive bike today I didn't really want to overtake him cos then I knew I'd be pushing myself really hard until I disappeared from his view .. but I did, and I did! 

I might get out of bed before lunchtime tomorrow too!! 

I'm popping over to see my parents and spotty tonight, cos I haven't really spoken to my family in a couple of months either and it's nice to be back. Plus I have a present for MummySOLB  

02/10/2012 at 16:35
huge hugs SOLB. I am running tonight
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.