Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,321 to 2,340 of 6,055 messages
05/10/2012 at 20:43

I did run and it was ok. I need to make myself go regularly.

I'm glad your run went well SOLB. Why do you think the voices go away when you run?

05/10/2012 at 21:09
SOLB wrote (see)

Frodo any progress on your happier work plan?

Hello lovely lady *waves* and lovely thread people, too  

I'm OK - busy, but feeling good. However, Saturday work begins again tomorrow and that can always bring me down. 

The Big Plan is still in progress. Will update as soon as I realistically can 

Well done and ((hugs)) to everyone - you are all great. 

05/10/2012 at 21:21
Wooo Ben-o. You've achieved everything you set out to do today. 'Regularly' has no end how do you know when you've achieved it? It's like you can't win but can only ever fail when at some point in the future you miss some sessions. I'm going to stop preaching and be pleased for you now!

Ooo Frodo hello darling *enthusiastically hugs Frodo* aww sucks to Saturday working. Will send you virtual hob knobs and tea every couple of hours tomorrow

Wooo glad the secret plan is still on track ... that's all I needed to know oh and how Benny is of course!
05/10/2012 at 22:13

Well done all you runners

I did a five mile walk in the rain - got back absolutely drenched and having checked out where the CMHT building was after a long search

05/10/2012 at 22:23

Oo well done Bear that's fab ... especially as I know you had to push so hard to get out today. Really pleased for you. Good idea about checking out where the CMHT is but more importantly, did you buy cake on the way home? 

05/10/2012 at 22:27

Didn't pass a cake shop

Still I have an IOU for cake

05/10/2012 at 22:30

ha ha ha OK sounds reasonable, poor Bear, poor neglected cake

05/10/2012 at 23:14

Everyone needs cake.

I haven't achieved everything SOLB, believe me. And regularly is three times a week.

Well done for finding the CMHT Bear and walking in the rain.

05/10/2012 at 23:23

Now you come to mention it, I don't have any cake either

Fair enough Ben-o, hope you make your three in the coming week THEN I can do the little party smiley? Yes?

Hope you're OK Ben-o (((Ben-o)))

I feel really sad tonight, I feel like I have ENORMOUS hurt eyes, I think I'm a cartoon Bambi version of myself!!

05/10/2012 at 23:32

Don't be sad lovely SOLB, I got some virtual cake *offers slice*

05/10/2012 at 23:50
Awesome, thanks bear.
Not long until bedtime and tomorrow is a whole new day
06/10/2012 at 09:15

I have virtual porridge for people, if they'd like? I have real porridge for me.

I'm ok SOLB, I've got a new job which means I'll have to move which isn't the worst thing in the world. The job is also really exciting and a brilliant opportunity and it's more money. So that's pretty awesome.

What are people up to this weekend?

06/10/2012 at 09:46
That's fabulous news Ben-o I'm so, so happy for you. Yay!! Aww that's made my morning I am so pleased

Today I'm getting out of bed ... eventually ... and cycling to the gym in the rain if I'm not too lazy. I am knitting and cleaning too ... probably zzzzzz
06/10/2012 at 10:34

Get out of bed SOLB!

06/10/2012 at 10:57

Ha ha I did actually (unwillingly) just after I wrote that the postie knocked on the door .. he'd bought these from by eck

http://veggieadvisor.com/articles/vegetarian-percy-pigs/attachment/veggie-percy/

http://veggieadvisor.com/articles/vegetarian-percy-pigs/attachment/veggie-percy/

That was definitely worth getting out of bed for and I feel pretty awake now anyway (oops 

I'm just knitting one of these for an elephant obsessed friend who is in hospital. 

http://twinsknit.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/flower-power-elephants.html

Then I'll get my bike out and head to the gym after lunch, feeling much more positive today, though it feels like something dreadful and all my fault is going to happen if I look too deeply ... so I'm not looking! 

By Eck, thank you so much for making me smile this morning - that was such a cool surprise. I'm such a kid, I love getting stuff in the post - I'm so sorry I didn't ever post the stickers I bought just before the episode got too nasty I'll add something to the parcel and post this week  

06/10/2012 at 13:13
No worries hun. I wanted to wait until you were well enough before I posted them. The grumpy man in the post office smiled at the stickers.
06/10/2012 at 13:25

Ha ha I made myself look silly with my postie by exclaiming 'oooooo stars' when he handed it over ... he looked at me like I'd grown another head for a minute then solemnly walked away without a word

Gym time, catch you all later xxx

06/10/2012 at 13:26
That made me smile. Much needed today
06/10/2012 at 17:47

...and to follow that up, a nice swimble - that's two days in a row

06/10/2012 at 17:52
Fab news bear. If anyone else wants a package sent please PM me.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.