Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,421 to 2,440 of 6,031 messages
20/10/2012 at 18:33

Good luck tomorrow, ((by 'eck))

Sorry to hear your news, Bear - I hope the new med regime helps and you find something wonderful, just round the corner  

In other news, the first step of the Grand Hobbit Plan has met with success - the future is bright  

20/10/2012 at 19:42
I am really really struggling with my OCD without any hot water. It feels unbearable quite a lot of the time. I'm not coping very well at all and I still have no idea when it'll be fixed. So many rituals are interrupted. I am really struggling to hold on to the progress I've already made and not to replace the ones Sally and I have made with new ones. Everything feels so unsafe and out of control. I want to cry but I'm too anxious!!

Oh by eck so, so impressed you've managed to do so much.

I'm loving the optimism there Frodo so, so pleased for you.
20/10/2012 at 19:46

(((SOLB))) 

20/10/2012 at 20:06
Thanks darling, I wish it were over already it's just so hard I don't know what to do with myself

That said the running and gym routines are going really well. A hilly two miles with SOLBsis today. Tomorrow I'd like to try again with muddy mountain! If I can't go long yet I'll go up! Therapy on Monday after a 3 week break
21/10/2012 at 00:10

*puts pom poms next to the bed ready for the morning* 

Night night all 

21/10/2012 at 05:37
Morning everyone. If I slept it was a miracle.
*makes far too much noise setting up the breakfast trolley*

Sorry Solb. I'll see you laterq
21/10/2012 at 07:29

Morning By Eck  

You'll be brilliant today 

*waves pom poms about furiously, knocking her tea over in the process* 

21/10/2012 at 07:48
Will be thinking of you today, by eck
21/10/2012 at 07:49

*passes Frodo some jellybabies to 'look after' * 

21/10/2012 at 09:38

By eck should be 40 minutes in now, hopefully finding her stride and grinning incredulously at being surrounded by the stamp of all the other idiots running shoes. 

GO BY ECK GO 

21/10/2012 at 09:49
I do hope she didn't need any of those jelly babies
*burp*
21/10/2012 at 10:43

*twirls about chanting and waving pom poms with a mouth full of jellybeans (cos I don't like jelly babies)* 

got to keep my strength up 

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 10:44
21/10/2012 at 12:14

*anxiously bites her bottom lip* 

21/10/2012 at 13:48
Oooooooo *grins nervously but puts the pom poms down cos her arms are aching*

I had my heart set on reattempting to run mud mountain today but my asthma is playing up. I'll go to the gym instead and I can do mud mountain after therapy tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit lazy altogether, maybe I'll just call it a rest day. I'm trying to get balanced with running and gymming cos I could feel an obsession forming. I think the horror I just felt at the idea of a rest day is a good indicator I should take one. I'm nervous cos feeling so overwhelmed by the broken hot water interrupting so many rituals is putting me at risk of creating new ones and making the ones the CPN and I have already beaten stronger.
21/10/2012 at 16:29
Yay! I finished. Had a dizzy moment at mile 23 and nearly got all off but I finished D
21/10/2012 at 16:31

WOO HOOOOOO!! So so delighted for you By eck. 
A massive congratulations

21/10/2012 at 18:18
The demons poked and prodded and did their best to make me stop ( seeing a guy partway round who was the spitting image of one of my nasty people didn't help) but I found some wonderful wonderful angels including a lady on a bike who gave me a banana and water, and the tail end Charlie who stayed with us when my friend and I were determined to finish.
Oh, and the jelly babies miraculously found their way to some very kind children who sat in their front gardens and offered us tasty treats, water, huge cheers and even bigger smiles.
21/10/2012 at 18:25
Oooooooo *grins nervously but puts the pom poms down cos her arms are aching*

I had my heart set on reattempting to run mud mountain today but my asthma is playing up. I'll go to the gym instead and I can do mud mountain after therapy tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit lazy altogether, maybe I'll just call it a rest day. I'm trying to get balanced with running and gymming cos I could feel an obsession forming. I think the horror I just felt at the idea of a rest day is a good indicator I should take one. I'm nervous cos feeling so overwhelmed by the broken hot water interrupting so many rituals is putting me at risk of creating new ones and making the ones the CPN and I have already beaten stronger.
21/10/2012 at 18:26
Well done!
You should be so proud of what you've achieved
21/10/2012 at 18:32
Weird double post above.

By Eck that's a phenomenal race report. It's an even greater achievement for all the challenges you faced today. I'm in awe. So, so pleased you finished. That achievement lasts forever
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.