Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,441 to 2,460 of 6,061 messages
18/10/2012 at 11:01
Morning Solb glad to hear you got some sleep.
Moo and I are trying to have a less busy day. I am exhausted. I want to run tonight but know I really need to sleep
18/10/2012 at 12:37

'lo all!

Great progress SOLB

I have a work HR meeting today - gulp

18/10/2012 at 13:11

Sounds like a good idea to take it easy by eck, sleep is definitely more important than running this close to Sunday's little run. 

Thank you Bear, good luck with HR. Are you expecting anything to come of it or is it just a box ticking exercise? 

18/10/2012 at 17:52

It's an "about to get rid of Bear" exercise

Knew it was coming and in many ways it's freedom so not all bad

18/10/2012 at 17:55
Oh poor bear. Is it retirement on health grounds?
18/10/2012 at 18:12

Not technically as I haven't worked there long enough but affectively that. I do have the option to resign, not sure which looks better. Any thoughts peeps?

18/10/2012 at 18:29
Talk to the benefits people as it can affect how long you need to wait before claiming things like jobseekers etc
19/10/2012 at 11:53

oops - effectively!

Saw the CMHT psych today for the initial appt - I'm now started on combination drugs

20/10/2012 at 12:31

Oh bear I'm really sorry about work sweetheart, that's tough. I don't know about whether resigning or not is better, my gut instinct is that it's probably easier for you if you don't resign and are asked to leave on health grounds. I think if you took a gap in your CV to a new employer and said I was unable to work because of an illness, I've done X, Y and Z treatments and I am now better and have proved it with X voluntary role of so many weeks/months then that wouldn't be the end of the world from a employment perspective .... but I don't really know. It might be worth having a chat with the CAB, though I have to admit I have never found them particularly helpful. Maybe Mind's legal advice service would be worth a call http://www.mind.org.uk/help/advice_lines 

I once got sneered at by a CAB volunteer when describing why I couldn't share with the OCD and paranoia. He sneered and smirked through the descriptions then said 'and does this 'illness' have a naaaaame?' I burst into tears and walked out. I should have complained about him but it was in the middle of the homelessness stuff and I'd already had two breakdowns and I couldn't face it. Still wish I had, creep!! 

How are you feeling about tomorrow by 'eck? Is Moo still poorly?

Oh Bear I am so pleased about the change in your medication, I know that's what you were hoping for. Hopefully you'll feel less tired and more connected to the world now. Which seems fairer given how hard you are working on your keeping bear busy routine.  

20/10/2012 at 18:11
Comes in for wonderful hugs from her special friends. I will need to picture you lot with me, cheering me on and running bits with me. I am undertrained but enthusiastic.
20/10/2012 at 18:33

Good luck tomorrow, ((by 'eck))

Sorry to hear your news, Bear - I hope the new med regime helps and you find something wonderful, just round the corner  

In other news, the first step of the Grand Hobbit Plan has met with success - the future is bright  

20/10/2012 at 19:42
I am really really struggling with my OCD without any hot water. It feels unbearable quite a lot of the time. I'm not coping very well at all and I still have no idea when it'll be fixed. So many rituals are interrupted. I am really struggling to hold on to the progress I've already made and not to replace the ones Sally and I have made with new ones. Everything feels so unsafe and out of control. I want to cry but I'm too anxious!!

Oh by eck so, so impressed you've managed to do so much.

I'm loving the optimism there Frodo so, so pleased for you.
20/10/2012 at 19:46

(((SOLB))) 

20/10/2012 at 20:06
Thanks darling, I wish it were over already it's just so hard I don't know what to do with myself

That said the running and gym routines are going really well. A hilly two miles with SOLBsis today. Tomorrow I'd like to try again with muddy mountain! If I can't go long yet I'll go up! Therapy on Monday after a 3 week break
21/10/2012 at 00:10

*puts pom poms next to the bed ready for the morning* 

Night night all 

21/10/2012 at 05:37
Morning everyone. If I slept it was a miracle.
*makes far too much noise setting up the breakfast trolley*

Sorry Solb. I'll see you laterq
21/10/2012 at 07:29

Morning By Eck  

You'll be brilliant today 

*waves pom poms about furiously, knocking her tea over in the process* 

21/10/2012 at 07:48
Will be thinking of you today, by eck
21/10/2012 at 07:49

*passes Frodo some jellybabies to 'look after' * 

21/10/2012 at 09:38

By eck should be 40 minutes in now, hopefully finding her stride and grinning incredulously at being surrounded by the stamp of all the other idiots running shoes. 

GO BY ECK GO 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.