Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,501 to 2,520 of 6,055 messages
24/10/2012 at 20:41

Ah I see, I'll have brekkie in me so hopefully won't be an issue

Job resigned from

25/10/2012 at 15:38

Ooo well done bear. do you feel better for having made your decision?

I had the most pathetic OCD nightmare ever last night ... Some people that didn't like me at different points in my life broke into my house and started touching stuff then they wouldn't go and had a big dirty party with lots of people writing on walls and spreading germs .... I REALLY need to get the hot water fixed cos that's just ridiculous. In my defence my dream did go on to find murdered people everywhere so it was conventionally scary too  - is it bad I was more scared of the touching stuff?

25/10/2012 at 15:52

Tbh it was jump or be pushed, and the union advised it would look better.  I still have to send in sick notes for my period of notice so it doesn't quite feel like the end of a chapter yet - I think it might feel nicer when that happens.  Still got to get rid of all this nonesense in my head and then rebuild my life and career so feeling a bit overwhelmed but trying not to worry about that yet - it'll happen in good time.

Sorry to hear about your dream, sounds scary.  Has your landlord not starting the water out?  on your behalf

25/10/2012 at 16:10

Nope there is a warning on their system saying they must text or email me cos I can't talk on the phone. I filled in the form with all 0's for the number then wrote in the comments 'I can't talk on the phone either to make or recieve calls but you can email or text me on ' They did what they always do; harrassed me with phone calls leaving messages telling me to call them back for three days. I emailed the landlord to explain, he phoned them. Told them to read thewarning on the system, or my note and to text or email. Then the stinky company have gone completely silent instead. I suspect they've sent me another stressy letter telling me that they tried to call me on x date at x time and y date at y time etc but I failed to respond so they have closed the repair request. They ALWAYS do that. It's really frustrating and it's dragging out what is already a slow system took five hours to do the washing up yesterday cos the rituals are all fecked up and I had to keep starting over 

I'm off to the gym now though so I'll be happier then. 

Poor bear that sounds tough. It's really hard when everything seems up in the air and you don't know what life is going to look like in a few months time but it will fall into place. Your qualifications aren't going anywhere. You'll be able to concentrate on getting better now without the stress of sicknotes and OH appointments.  

25/10/2012 at 17:27

Grrrr they are rubbish!

25/10/2012 at 17:41
Solb, could someone act as your advocate and talk to the company for you? I do agree that is poor customer service. How do they deal with deaf people?

Moo made a discovery today. If he puts the earphone to his right ear nothing happens. When he tries it against his left he can hear music
25/10/2012 at 18:27

Well done Moo

25/10/2012 at 18:34
He's still learning his right ear doesn't work. So are we, to be honest.
Bear, I had to give up a job I loved for health reasons. Sadly, my employers wouldn't allow me to take the medication I needed into work so I had to leave. It was a really hard decision but turned out for the best
25/10/2012 at 21:02

The lovely Sossidge has phoned them up and been cross for me They are calling her back tomorrow. 

Aww that's so cute, clever, gorgeous little Moo. What a sweetie. 

That sounds pretty tough by 'eck.  Glad things worked out though. A therapist once told me I'll never regain exactly the same path as I was on before the 'stuff' but I'll find my own new parallel path with it's own merits along the way. 

25/10/2012 at 21:08

Yay that's good news

25/10/2012 at 21:12
Yay!!! Brilliant news Solb. Is sossidge good at getting cross with them?
25/10/2012 at 21:22

She quoted the DDA at them and got cross. I love Sossidge but I'd be scared!!  

25/10/2012 at 21:38

*hides behind sofa*

25/10/2012 at 21:44

Joking apart I'm happy to call peeps for you if it helps, SOLB

25/10/2012 at 21:45
She is only scary if you are nasty to our Solb. And Solb is lovely
25/10/2012 at 21:57
I like being our Solb. It's ok XFR Sossidges don't eat Bear's
Thank you for the offer
25/10/2012 at 21:59

Bears eat sossidges though nom nom nom

25/10/2012 at 22:08
Nooooooooooooooo Bear *throws bear some sweets instead*
25/10/2012 at 22:12

Not *the* Sossidge!

*pacmans sweets anyway*

25/10/2012 at 22:54

I'm sure Sossidge will be relieved  
I'm yawning lots; I think it might be nearly bedtime  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.