Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,561 to 2,580 of 6,061 messages
29/10/2012 at 15:57

Oi! Stop splashing me!

29/10/2012 at 15:58
What time Solb? We are out at a play centre in the morning.
29/10/2012 at 20:41

We were aiming for about 10, but we could meet you after lunch too. I'll have a chat with SOLBsis and let you know what they are thinking if they have nothing on in the afternoon it'd be nice if we can get together - though there will be plenty of other adventures if not. 

29/10/2012 at 20:53

I had dedicated today as a rest day knowing that I usually feel drained after anything social. I was still tempted to go to the gym after therapy then spent a few hours arguing with myself about whether to go or not before promptly falling asleep on the sofa; have been in and out of sleep all evening ... I guess I was tired after all (especially as my sofa is only a two seater so I was all curled up) 

29/10/2012 at 21:11

Sounds like you needed it then hun.

I think I'm going to start recognising more how tiring social days can be and timetable in rest days. I have managed to get a few things done but not enough to be at work!

29/10/2012 at 22:38

It's a good idea bear. It's silly to beat yourself up for not getting enough done if it was inevitable that you wouldn't. If the day is going to end up a bit wasted anyway you might as well bin the guilt and get the maximum benefit from the rest ... that said it's easier said than done, clearly. Can't believe I gave myself gym guilt on the day I deliberately wrote off the gym and running cos I didn't want to drive myself mad with guilt! ARGHHH 

Anyway I'm surprisingly still sleepy so I'm going to have an early night and catch you all in the morning 

Lots of love 

xxx

30/10/2012 at 10:17

Morning all

What's the plan for today? I'm feeling distinctly under motivated; please can you inspire my lazy bum out of the door? 

Still thinking of you Frodo (just thought I'd say in case you were lurking) (((Frodo))) 

30/10/2012 at 11:41

Morning!

*gives SOLB a boot up the bum*

30/10/2012 at 12:00

OUCH!! *rubs botty* that wasn't exactly what I had in mind!  

30/10/2012 at 12:22

oops sorry

I need motivation too, still tired as a tired thing

30/10/2012 at 12:28

I have a plan! I am going to be a lazy bum until about 2 then grab my bike and cycle towards the gym. If I get a magic energy surge then I'll go along to the gym, pop in do a little resistance then cycle home which should be plenty of exercise for one day. (I'll take it easier on the hill at mile 6 though cos that's where I got the asthma attack last time) If I still feel like I'm running on empty I'll just go a few miles out then turn around and come home. I can then choose whether to drive to the gym later or just leave it alone. I am going on the something is better than nothing principle with exercise and I suspect I'll feel better once I get on with it. 

It's weird how draining social stuff is, it's a million times more draining than running a marathon though it sounds ridiculous.

30/10/2012 at 13:48

I guess that's MH stuff - I know what you mean though

The plan seems good - I need to hit the shops

30/10/2012 at 14:11

tick tock SOLB tick tock!

30/10/2012 at 15:07

briiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggg rrrrrriiiiiiinnnnggggg!!

Wake up SOLB

30/10/2012 at 15:56

changed the plan, did 6 1/2 miles on the bike and I'm going for a gentle bimble with SOLBsis later.

I feel much better for going out. 

Did you get to the shops bear? 

30/10/2012 at 15:57
Wafts another Christmas in Solb's direction

Solb, Frodo, I made a Christmas cake for you to eat now cos I thought you might want to try some now rather than waiting until Christmas eve.
30/10/2012 at 16:04

I have done SOLB yes, well done on your bike ride

oooh did I hear cake being mentioned?

30/10/2012 at 16:13

I don't really like Chrismas cake but I think it's illegal to turn down cake isn't it? (except chocolate cake of course cos everyone knows that's yuck!) 

by 'eck SOLBsis would like to go to http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/ on Saturday. We should arrive about 11ish but we're taking lunch so we'll still be about in the afternoon if you and the mini's fancy it. If not there'll be plenty of other adventures, now I'm better I'm hoping to spend lots of time with my beautiful nieces  

30/10/2012 at 19:44

I would never turn down any cake, even choklit

Off out with some mates tomorrow so that's another social day

30/10/2012 at 19:58
Ooo that's brilliant bear. I'm really proud of you
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.