Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,641 to 2,660 of 6,031 messages
05/11/2012 at 18:42
It's a bottomless supply
05/11/2012 at 18:44
Any chance of taking someone's dog for a walk? Needs to have energy, loving and likes chasing sticks and balls
05/11/2012 at 18:49

Yay to bottomless supplies

05/11/2012 at 19:40

Just chatting to SOLB on fb now - she's tired but ok

07/11/2012 at 12:34

ooopsie sorry all, I got tired out. Therapy was really big this week. We looked back on all the pictures I've done over the last 12 months. I thought they all followed the same set of rules but they don't. I have really distinct styles when I'm not really me at all. 

I was very freaked out by a picture I did that comes from a childlike alter kinda brought up a whole load of stuff that I usually only think about from my tougher adult perspective and I hadn't had to 'feel' properly before. Was all a bit much so I've been frantically not thinking for a few days. 

I found it a bit difficult hearing my world through my notes too, it's all so stark and kinda traumatic that way. Even just old traumas, it's not like I forget they happened but I'm not used to seeing them all grouped together in one place like that. 

Fine now, I've had lots of fun with the mini's this week and I'm off to visit my best friend this weekend I haven't tried sleeping over before but the OCD is really good at the moment and I do trust her so I think it'll be OK. The only slightly wibbly issue is meds cos I don't want to take the zombieing anti-psychotics with other people around (I never do) I am going to take a reduced dose though so I'll not be without but I won't be so far outside of my own control either. 

How are all of you? By eck hope you and the small ones are feeling better. Frodo I've been thinking of you. What's happening with your knee Bear? 

xxx

07/11/2012 at 13:02
Therapy for me tonight. I have been frantically scribbling down my homework. Moo helped but I know Alice will understand. I'm getting a bit anxious cos a friend is babysitting and bringing her husband but last night told Mr by 'eck that she 'should' be on time but she is going out with some friends after work. I know she is doing us a favour but it's making me anxious that we'll be late or she'll forget or her husband won't be ready cos he's not remembered where she is and panics ( he has Parkinson's).
Solb, so glad you have had a good time with the mini's. ( the video on fb is great).
Bear, how is the knee?
Frodo, has the week improved?
07/11/2012 at 13:10

Ha ha I often end up frantically homeworking just before too.

I'm supposed to have written down all the stages of my OCD washing up ritual for the CPN by Friday, I've had three weeks to do it ... is it done? 

Sorry your friend has accidentally added to your anxiety. I hate being late too. It must be really hard when it's not entirely within your control. Don't worry though, even if you were a few minutes late Alice would understand that too. 

07/11/2012 at 13:30

'lo peeps

Just back from the CMHT psych - had my meds put up which is good as I think they're helping, plus they suggested an interesting scheme to help that involved voluntary projects etc. Sounds good

07/11/2012 at 15:39

Bear that all sounds really, really positive. I'm so pleased you've been able to come up with a plan with the psych ... they seem to be doing all they can to help  

07/11/2012 at 16:40
Fab news bear! I
07/11/2012 at 16:42

I'm hopeful of good things to come - still feel like I have so far to go though, I just can't contemplate work at the moment

07/11/2012 at 16:50
Dr moo has been dosing me up with jelly cubes and giving me a full work up. He has clearly spent too much time with drs!
Bear, do you have any idea what kind of voluntary work you would do?
07/11/2012 at 17:07

Not yet by 'eck - I can contemplate that funnily enough as they'd know I was a volunteer with MH issues, what worries me more is getting back to full time work - I just can't get my head round that

07/11/2012 at 17:41
I can understand that bear.
07/11/2012 at 17:48

Thanks by 'eck

07/11/2012 at 19:18
Hope it goes well, by eck
Sounds positive Bear and SOLB
I'm still alive, but tired. Life is becoming more normal and everything is moving on, as it should - but I still feel a little like I've been run over by a freight train
07/11/2012 at 21:05
(((Frodo)))
07/11/2012 at 21:55
Nips in to (((Frodo))) too.
07/11/2012 at 21:58
*hugs Mr P just for fun*
07/11/2012 at 22:02

Thanks Frodo, hope things get better for you

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.