Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,661 to 2,680 of 6,029 messages
07/11/2012 at 22:06
Aw, bless you all - I will be fine, but it is ace to feel so cared for
07/11/2012 at 22:24
You are actually, it always sounds a bit cheap online but it's very heartfelt (((frodo)))
07/11/2012 at 22:35

Thanks for making this thread SOLB

07/11/2012 at 22:47
I got an A* for my homework

( runs round and hugs everyone, then gives Solb a sparkly pen and pretty notebook to help with her homework)

Frodo, here is a Mr bump plaster. It might not cover all the injuries from the freight train but it might make you smile and remember we care

Bear, I agree. This thread is so precious. Alice thought you were all fab ( including the lurkers) and have helped me so much.
08/11/2012 at 12:27

is just me talking to myself without you guys 
my good mood has abadoned me, I feel horrible again I felt like someone was pokiing hot pokers into my heart yesterday but today I just feel a bit defeated. I know I need to pick myself up and fight on but I'm not sure where my energy is 

Thanks for the homework incentice by eck, tis a nice idea

08/11/2012 at 12:30
Moo and I had a Solbsisminimini inspired wall
08/11/2012 at 13:37

Awwww that's so cute, how did it go? SOLB's love walking with mini's

I'm feeling a bit more alive now, I'm going to the gym (carefully with my inhaler clutched in my fist) I have to be back by 4 to go and visit SOLBtitchie sis in the hospital cos she's just had her knee op ... that means no sitting in the car trying to be brave enough to go in. I can feel the adrenaline just at the thought so I'm not sure if I'll make it. Worth a shot though, got to feel better somehow otherwise this sad mood will win and I was really enjoying the cheerful ones. 

08/11/2012 at 14:24

Ooooh say hello to SOLBtitchysis and tell her I've just had a knee op too

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 14:34
08/11/2012 at 16:14
Hope the gym wasn't too scary Solb and Solbtitchysis is recovering well.
I have more homework set and one bit is worrying me already
08/11/2012 at 16:30

What homework have you got by 'eck?

Mine was to make a list of steps to tidying up my flat

08/11/2012 at 16:43
I have to do some thing based on the wizard of oz, and then come up with a scale of distress for the trauma work we are about to do. I have started thinking about it but that is making my head think about the trauma stuff.
Bear, I bought a really cheap 'to-do' book from Wilkinson's. It helps to break things down, has space for working out timings of your day ( including planning breaks) and space to doodle.
Mr by eck has been asked if he would help his therapist write up his case for a medical journal because the progress he has made has never been noted before. I am so so proud of him.
08/11/2012 at 16:47

Fabulous news

I may go and see if I can find that book - I'm lacking motivation to tackle stuff  though . Maybe I need you guys to yell "wake up Bear" if I haven't checked in by 9am each morning

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 16:48
08/11/2012 at 17:02
Maybe you could come up with 2 small jobs, 1 medium sized job ( taking 20-30 minutes) and a big job each day ( over 45 minutes) and aim to tick off 2 things so even if it's a bad day you might be able to get something done. For example, on a bad dat I might aim to take the post out of the envelopes and stick the unwanted bits in recycling, or gather up the towels and pit them through the wash.
08/11/2012 at 17:04

That sounds like a good idea. I'm making a list of tasks but I'll organise them by sizes too so I can do what you suggest

09/11/2012 at 00:03
Proud of you all
Brilliant news about Mr By Eck

Gym was OK I was brave

Solbtitchysis is ok, she was very high on morphine though

I had a chat with MummySOLB about my sexuality on the way home. She's known for a while but we've never discussed it before. Was kind of nice to clear the air
09/11/2012 at 03:50
Arghhh really really horrible nightmares that I couldn't wake up from. I'm trying to wake myself up enough that I don't go back to sleep. *does nekid starjumps*
09/11/2012 at 07:55

weird double post 

Edited: 09/11/2012 at 07:56
09/11/2012 at 08:06
Did you manage to go back to sleep
09/11/2012 at 08:11

Yes but the nightmares came back so I gave up and took my duvet into the other room instead. Might try again now it's light I feel unreasonably tired  

09/11/2012 at 08:52
*whispers, so not to wake SOLB*
I'm feeling just a little more normal, more strong, today. Little by little, moving on
The only weird thing is that I have woken up with that feeling that you get after you've been crying. I mean, like really crying, so hard you're left exhausted and slightly snotty? (Which to be fair, is what was happening last week)
But there were no tears last night, so maybe I dreamt it?!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.